RCL did not honor booking price

ahhhh.. I was going to hold off and day or two and see what happens. The interesting thing is the call came from Eugene, OR

That is where RCCL's major booking center is located. Miami may not be aware of what is being done in Eugene Oregon, the cruise capital of the world.

This is what worried me about the Indy booking for Nov - that is a good deal or glitch? Maybe the glitches get "fixed" right away - so maybe you are safe after x days.

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:halo::eek:

I "think" (Hope) we should be safe by now

We paid in full and they still raised the price, and I have a receipt showing a $0 balance.

We got a deal or glitch on the FR Christmas sailing a couple of years ago. They had D2 balconies going for $350 pp for a 7 day Holiday sailing. It did not last long. Several of us went ahead and paid the reservation in full. They did not cancel anyone's bookings. Will never know if it was a glitch or not

Since you have a receipt showing paid in full I would think they should accept that. Have you called Resolutions or the Corporate office?

Not sure how once you pay and sign the contract they can do this....it's a breach of contract.

There's always fine print about pricing mistakes with automated systems. I believe both sides can back out within 24-hours anyway.

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:halo::eek:

I "think" (Hope) we should be safe by now

I recently booked 5 night Indy in Nov 2018 for $240/person and that was with $50 onboard credit and 50% off the deposit. I sure hope they don't change their minds!

It is really unfortunate that we were some of the few that booked at these rates, paid in full, only to find out after having a zero balance invoice, that they changed the price.

They said to make it right they would give $100.00 obc, but the price they inflated the cruise to for a 3 night is crazy. They aren't giving anything, they are pressuring us to cancel or pay a crazy rate.

If based on their contract they have the right to make corrections to pricing due to technology errors, this could really happen any day to anyone.

If they think the ship is selling out because of demand, they can take and increase anyone's price and call it a error?

... If they think the ship is selling out because of demand, they can take and increase anyone's price and call it a error?

That's what worries me. Remember when the Florida Attorney General went after them (successfully) when they tried to define "taxes" as whatever they felt like? We may need that kind of help again.

When you put down a Deposit it "locks in" the price so I always do that so the price can't go up knowing that if it goes down before Final Payment I can cancel and rebook.

If you put the cruise on a short hold the price is subject to change just like the airlines. If I see a low mileage Frequent Flier Ticket I lock it in right away when I know the dates the same for a hotel.

Royal Caribbean was nice to offer the extra $50 OBC but they did not have to do that.

Not sure how they get away with this- it is false advertising and their marketing people should know that fully well. I would complain on high and go straight up the chain and make them honor the price if possible.

I am sorry but Royal Caribbean has a clause in their terms and conditions about mistake fares and that if the cabin has no deposit the fare can change without further notice.

Notice on airlines how it shows "1 seat left at this rate" this means that either the fare would go up or may go down if the airlines opened the lower priced inventory.

On cruises how do we know that someone else locked in the lower fare and there are no more cabins in your category? Cruiselines operate based upon supply and demand.

This is what worried me about the Indy booking for Nov - that is a good deal or glitch? Maybe the glitches get "fixed" right away - so maybe you are safe after x days.

I forgot to add in my previous post that I hope you (we) are safe after x number of days. We are also holding a different cruise for the same general time period. I would hate to give up that one now and find out that they cancel the Indy booking. If that happened there is no way that I could get the same price back on the booking I am cancelling. Therefore I am holding that one for a while.

If they think the ship is selling out because of demand, they can take and increase anyone's price and call it a error?

An error has to be a genuine error and not some lame excuse that won't hold any water if challenged.

An error has to be a genuine error and not some lame excuse that won't hold any water if challenged.

Sounds nice, but the company can still declare anything to be genuine error.

They should honor a price once deposit made. Back in 2011 when NCL EPIC was just new, I booked a solo room that was 40% less than normal. Seems like the website had issues for 24 hours and prices were way lower than normal. Turns out I had called to make a change and the agent told me I got such a good deal that I should keep it and it would be honored. Yea NCL agent for being honest

Here's a first...Price on the Majesty of the Seas yesterday for 9/7/18 was $200.53/pp for a 3 nt. cruise.

RCL calls today and canceled the booking because they said RCL had made an error in the price. But as a gesture of "good will" the Pinnacle member can get a $50.00/pp OBC if they accept the corrected price of $380.53/pp.

Has it ever happened to you?

Oh you got cheated I was offered 100.00 OBC as a Pinnacle member. Yes I called reservations on May 10 to book a cruise. They told me about the Majesty cruises and yes every weekend cruise in September and October was 90.00 pp plus tax. I booked one for my husband and paid it in full. 10:30 last night I get a call from Royal saying there was a glitch in the system and they had to reprice my cruise. If I didn't like it I could cancel. They are doing to everyone who booked cruises during that glitch

I wrote to mbayley@rccl.com. To tell him his company needs to honor the price. It is unethical to raise a price after the cruise is booked. I would suggest everyone this is happening to write him.

Royal Caribbean has been getting pretty slimy lately Jackie. You are fortunate that you live in Florida. But we are getting rather disenchanted with RC overall and their policies. Increased pricing, fraudulent charges for those darn water bottles, seriously negative changes in deposits and discounts, and the never ending not really a sale. Those are just some of the issues. Do they really want our business?

If you paid for the cruise or even placed a deposit...you have entered in to a contract and the price should be honored. Or it would be by reputable companies.

In our household we are looking more and more at all inclusive vacations as an alternative to cruising. :D

Royal Caribbean has been getting pretty slimy lately Jackie. You are fortunate that you live in Florida. But we are getting rather disenchanted with RC overall and their policies. Increased pricing, fraudulent charges for those darn water bottles, seriously negative changes in deposits and discounts, and the never ending not really a sale. Those are just some of the issues. Do they really want our business?

If you paid for the cruise or even placed a deposit...you have entered in to a contract and the price should be honored. Or it would be by reputable companies.

In our household we are looking more and more at all inclusive vacations as an alternative to cruising. :D

I have to agree. I didn't know that this was common practice for Royal to reprice paid for cruises. It looks like it is common practice. I was a very loyal to Royal person but after this and the pricing games time to look elsewhere for entertainment