Breakaway balcony room

Jersey1974

Hey! I am thinking of upgrading to a mini suite instead of a regular balcony room on the 11 deck. I can't see how a family of four can fit in a regular room!!! Does the couch separate into tow twin beds for the kids? HELP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The balconies and mini suites sleep either 3 or 4 - those that sleep 4 are noted with a special symbol (a triangle I think but don't quote me) on the deck plan legend and they sleep 4 because of the aforementioned drop-down ceiling bunk. I cannot imagine two grown teens or adults sharing the pullout.

Wait so there isn't an actual pull out bed on the standard balconies? We booked a BD room for two couples since NCL told us there was a full size pull out. Oh boy.

The couch is not a pull out bed. Beneath the couch is a storage area for blankets etc. The seat cushion of the couch becomes a twin bed and the Pullman drops down from the ceiling for the 4th person.

Oops!

A balcony room WITHOUT BALCONY factored in is 170sq feet

A MS WITHOUT BALCONY factored in is 206sq feet.

You basically get 15sq extra space for bathroom and 15 extra as feet in room space.

We are a tall family and a MS has more room and floor space.

Just get a room where the bed is near window. So closet space is more available and makes it feel even more roomy

Sorry to piggyback of this thread.. But I see a coffee pot in the room. What kind of coffee does this take? Do i need pods or can I just bring a small bag of ground coffee? Any special filters needed?
Do a search for "coffee ncl (ship name)" to get a clearer answer on this. Different ships/different rooms on same ship = different coffee maker types. Most common is the small round paper pod type coffee. Bring instant grounds and use the maker for hot water.