The Haven 2 Bedroom...6 people???

SoCalCruiser20

Hi there, I am also looking at the Haven 2-bedroom suite (on the Epic) for my family, and from my understanding it has a queen bed in the master bedroom; in bedroom 2 there is a lower pull-out bed and an upper bunk that comes out of the ceiling for the 2nd person; and the sofa bed in the living room must be a double. If you look at the deck plan on the NCL website, some of the suites are marked with a star (for 6 people) and some are not, so those might be for 5 people, maybe a smaller sofabed (?). Not sure. You can also look on youtube (just type in NCL Epic Haven suite) and see videos of the actual suites that passengers have posted.

Hope this helps :)

Hi there, I am also looking at the Haven 2-bedroom suite (on the Epic) for my family, and from my understanding it has a queen bed in the master bedroom; in bedroom 2 there is a lower pull-out bed and an upper bunk that comes out of the ceiling for the 2nd person; and the sofa bed in the living room must be a double. If you look at the deck plan on the NCL website, some of the suites are marked with a star (for 6 people) and some are not, so those might be for 5 people, maybe a smaller sofabed (?). Not sure. You can also look on youtube (just type in NCL Epic Haven suite) and see videos of the actual suites that passengers have posted.

Hope this helps :)

I'm pretty sure the Epic has bedding in this configuration: Two in master on queen bed, three in second bedroom (the lower is a convertible double bed and there is a single upper), and one on the fold-down single sofa bed in the living room. I wouldn't recommend this suite for six adults to be comfortable, but it is certainly possible. Most of the Haven Two Bedrooms are set up this way, except one or two Accessible Suites, which have a completely different open setup (no separate bedrooms) and sleep less persons.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

is there any rooms that you may know of that would comfortably fit 6 adults? Im assuming only the 3 bedroom villas?

The roomiest suite (other than the Garden Villa!) is the Family Suite on deck 12. Three beds for 6 people. Not super private, although there are curtains and a pocket door. All depends on the relationships!

Love those SJ suites, probably the bargain of NCL...least expensive full suite.

6 can sleep in the 2 bedroom on Epic but it works best if there are 3 kids. There is the master bedroom that sleeps 2, the sofabed in the livingroom sleeps one. The 2nd bedroom has a bed for 2. The 6th person sleeps in a bunk above the 2 people in the second bedroom.

Edited by david_sobe

I have rented 3 two bedroom suites. Once in the Star, once in the Jewel and once in the Pearl. The Star is a sister of the Dawn and the Pearl and Jewel are sisters of the Gem. To get six you will need to share the queen, have a single child on the sofa (fits a single short person best), two people on the bottom bunk and a single on the top bunk. This was true on all three ships. I love the room. Another way you may consider is this room and an attached room next door. I have never slept in the back bedroom but my guests informed me that it was very comfortable. None of them had to double up but I think a couple would be okay with it. My short daughter was fine with the sofa but my tall daughter was too long for it.

Can you fit 6 people comfortably in the haven two bedroom suite? It says it sleeps up to 6 but only shows one king bed and a pull out couch. Ant info would helpful.

Thanks, Brandon

Maybe? Bob, Carol, Ted & Alice and a few kids.

We stayed in a two-bedroom once with six adults and it was fine. It really helped that the Haven was just outside our door though, so it made the room feel bigger in the sense that people would go in there while they were waiting for others in our group to finish getting ready.

I can't speak for the Epic, but on the Dawn and Jewel class ships, the master bedroom sleeps two, the bed in the living room sleeps one (it flips 180 degrees into a bed), and three sleep in the second bedroom (bunk bed and couch folds into a double bed).

Thank you for that, i am looking more for gem or dawn. We are going summer 2014, schedules arent our yet but assuming those ships will be doing the bermuda and bahamas/florida. Thank you, will go check out youtube right now.[/qu

The 2 bedroom Haven we have been in has a bed that sleeps 2, a sofa in the living area that can sleep 1 and a tiny bedroom area that will sleep 1 or 2. You can also request a cot for your room if they have them to provide. Sure hope y'all are fond of each other because it will be quite cozy even with 2 bdroms and 2 bathrooms.

I would never attempt 6 adults in the 2 bedroom Haven that is my personal opinion. The 2nd smaller bedroom is fine for 1 adult or 2 children. You cannot even comfortably sit 6 adults around the table in the living room area. Sorry but I think it would be very cramped.

We are fitting 5 adults and I dont think it is going to be a problem. Everyone says the twin bed is big and comfy in the second bedroom. Our other guest has the big sofa bed. I think we will be fine.

6 adults could work but normally you think of kids sleeping in a bunk so 6 would be crowded. But having 3 sinks, 2 toilets, 2 showers, and one tub helps alot!

There is an issue that none of these above posters have considered!

You want all six of you in a suite. If you don't then some of you will have Cagney privileges and other VIP privileges and others won't. You most definitely wouldn't want to travel with 6 people and have 2 in a regular balcony cabin for example. They won't be able to come up to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, technically they aren't allowed to hang in the Haven with you (I'm sure you could probably ask nicely and they could come visit the Haven and hang around a little, but we are talking technically and if another passenger caught on and had a problem with that, it could be a problem.

Consider this^^^ I think it depends on how close the 6 passengers are. If 4 are related I think you put the unrelated other 2 in the small bedroom and the related 4 have the big master bedroom and sofa bed in the living room. I think the couple in the master needs to pay significantly more. I think even the couple in the 2 bedroom pay more than the 2 on the sofa.

A pp is right. With the haven 3 steps from your suite, you won't feel as confined as you think. We used the haven a lot, we had 5 related people but we sort of rotated who went in and it was easy with the Haven right there.

An inside cabin on Jewel is 143 square feet. By my calculations between the Haven Penthouse & Haven 2-bedroom, the 2nd bedroom & hall are 130 square feet. If you've shared an inside cabin with more than 2 people, it should be fine - especially with the living area & Haven access. I plan on sharing with my brother & sister (3 adults) & leaving the couch in the living area free so people could wander around without disturbing sleeper on couch. We don't spend that much time in the room so it is fine for us. Also the non-Haven 2 bedroom is only about 26 square feet total than the Haven 2 bedroom.

Edited by khaide612

• 4 years later...
we are thinking of addinf my son/dil/and 2 small kidos======================the adults can have the 2nd bedroom and the kiks the couch lol

should be fine :)

But the couch in the living room area is only a single. It flips over along its length, rather than pulls out, so only one person can fit. Then there are two in the master, and THREE in the small bedroom. So if you have 4 adults and 2 kids, either one kid is in the small bedroom with the parents, or the adults are split up.

I know this thread was long ago, but wondering if anyone actually successfully fit 4 adults and 2 kids (or the equivalent) in a Haven 2BR on the Epic?

same problem with 4 adults and 2 kids as described above, The sleeping arrangements are 2, 3, and 1 (master, small bedroom, living room couch). So either the 2nd couple is in the small room WITH one of the kids above, or one parent is in the small room with BOTH kids and then other parent is on the couch.

same problem with 4 adults and 2 kids as described above, The sleeping arrangements are 2, 3, and 1 (master, small bedroom, living room couch). So either the 2nd couple is in the small room WITH one of the kids above, or one parent is in the small room with BOTH kids and then other parent is on the couch.

Is it possible to remove the mattress from the pullman and put it on the floor in the living room for a child? The other option I'm wondering about is asking for memory foam/ egg crate, and having my kids sleep on that in the living room. (I have read you can no longer request a rollaway bed, even if you are not using it to increase the sleeping capacity of the room but rather just using it to change the configuration).