Early Saver Question?

Shaded Lady

I'm looking to book a cruise with DH, and my daughter, husband and son for June 2019 (as soon as the stupid itineraries come out for that timeframe for our ship!).

We're paying for the whole cruise for the 5 of us and will be getting cancellation insurance. However, if we book Early Saver and have to cancel for some reason, does the deposit stay with the folks who booked it &paid for it (us!) or the people in whose name the reservation is?

In other words, if we had to cancel and got future cruise credit, would my hubby and I be able to use it all or would it be credited to each individual?

I'm just not sure, if they had to cancel, if my son-in-law would agree to go at a different time, whereas DH & I would be all over using those funds to cruise in the future!

I read in another post the refund would come back to however it was paid. If you paid by your credit card it would come back to your credit card.

Someone bought those discounted cards and used them to pay and was upset thats how they got refunded in another thread I read yesterday.

It should get refunded to however it was paid.

I read in another post the refund would come back to however it was paid. If you paid by your credit card it would come back to your credit card.

Someone bought those discounted cards and used them to pay and was upset thats how they got refunded in another thread I read yesterday.

It should get refunded to however it was paid.

That would work if they hadn't booked Early Saver. None of the deposit is refunded under Early Saver. I hope somebody can help with an answer. Maybe there is some way to have the remaining deposits that are held to be credited to the person who made the deposits. It might require some sort of release from the other passengers.

Thanks for the answers... hopefully someone with more details can weigh in. But I'm hoping never to find out definitely, since we've been trying to get all 5 of us to cruise together since my grandson was a toddler- he's almost 10 now!

Worst case, I will ask my PVP (or travel agent- haven't fully decided which way to go yet) to clarify exactly how that would work when we book it (looks like Vista itineraries for June 2019 won't be available until late December, according to Carnival).

Question or rather, statement : when you book, you should be able to book under your name and leave the other four spots unnamed until closer to the cruise. We did this and for our cruise in November my sister still has only her name in the bookings. She has not filled in the names or any information for the other three people. For all practical purposes, she could slot anyone into those spots once she does have to name them. If she were to cancel, her name is the only one on the booking .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone for the help... as I said, I hope not to have to use it, but if extended family bails for some reason (probably death in the family, 'cause I'll KILL THEM! LOL) it's good to know DH & I can use those funds for a future cruise.

Question or rather, statement : when you book, you should be able to book under your name and leave the other four spots unnamed until closer to the cruise. We did this and for our cruise in November my sister still has only her name in the bookings. She has not filled in the names or any information for the other three people. For all practical purposes, she could slot anyone into those spots once she does have to name them. If she were to cancel, her name is the only one on the booking .

So the problem with doing this is if the cruise should sell out your sister would be the only person in the cabin. Without the extra names you only pay for the cabin and then the port charges for one person. When you add other travelers thats when you pay for the rest of the port charges. We have one cabin booked that is that way and our TA advised us to be careful the closer the cruise date comes up without having the name.

So the problem with doing this is if the cruise should sell out your sister would be the only person in the cabin. Without the extra names you only pay for the cabin and then the port charges for one person. When you add other travelers thats when you pay for the rest of the port charges. We have one cabin booked that is that way and our TA advised us to be careful the closer the cruise date comes up without having the name.

I don't understand. We are paid in full on her cabin for all four passengers. They are just not named, my sisters name is there. The other three passengers say "TBD" . I just did the same with my October cruise, I didn't add my husbands name until a few days before the cruise on Monday. We didn't pay anything extra, we sailed that Monday. Both cruises were paid in full for the amount of people sailing, their names were just not populated.