Picking a short cruise to the Bahamas

Jen_839

My cousin and I (from Ohio) are planning a short 3 night cruise to the Bahamas this summer. Neither of us or are family/friends have been on a cruise before. I'm just wondering how you even pick between Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian etc.

We're in our late 30's and looking to relax, visit the spa, maybe see a show etc. Also wondering if the ships have adult only hot tubs or pools to enjoy away from little kids?

Edited by Jen_839

My cousin and I (from Ohio) are planning a short 3 night cruise to the Bahamas this summer. Neither of us or are family/friends have been on a cruise before. I'm thinking of heading into AAA to make arrangements, but I'm just wondering how you even pick between Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian etc.

We're in our late 30's and looking to relax, visit the spa, maybe see a show etc. Also wondering if the ships have adult only hot tubs or pools to enjoy away from little kids?

I think that cc is a great place to poke around and gather some info prior to going to a TA. That way if they tell you that 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises on Carnival are perfect for what you are asking for you will know to walk out and get a new TA.

I personally have not done a 3-night cruise on the cruise lines you mentioned. The shortest we have done is a 4-night Bahamas on Disney, which was very nice. The cruise lines you mention all have their older and smaller ships in their fleet doing these 3-night "party" cruise - that's the term you will see people in cruisecritic mostly refer to. Nothing wrong with the older and smaller aspect of the ship as long as you understand what kind of product you are getting for what you are paying. Also, just note that summer is consider high season so do expect the price is higher than the equivalent cruise during off season. Also, if possible, look into a 4-night or even 5-night cruise, which open up more options.

Before talking to a Travel Agent, go to Youtube and you should be able to find out more there - just the general atmosphere of the ships, restaurant, pool area and cabins for these ships in general.

If you are going this summer, those will be the lines you have to choose from. Lots of kids because it is summer vacation. But if you can take a five day, such as a five day M-F from Jacksonville, there will be fewer...Because a cruise that doesn't involve the weekend does not require as many work days off. Three day cruises are full of large family groups with matching t-shirts that swarm around the ship like schools of fish, ignoring all in their way, frantically trying to squeeze as much 'fun' into three days as possible. EM