Butler service

123veranda

Not having a golden lamp to rub to know what the genie service is, all I can say is that if you book a stateroom class starting with S or H you will have a butler to do what butlers do. Bring goodies, serve meals en suite, make your voyage something special, etc.

Free gratuities, free best beverage pkg., free dining in All restaurants, free Starbucks, free internet, free mini bar. The only thing u have to pay for is milkshakes in Johnny Rockets (why I don't know) and xtra tips if u desire.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depending on when a passenger booked their room, those passengers booked in the Haven, or Suites on designated ships, generally received the UDP, UBP, free gratuities, WiFi, etc. and a butler, the key point being passengers in Haven, or full Suite staterooms.

I noticed the Royal treatment is only for the top Star Class Suites and the other suite cabins do not get the butler service. On NCL as another poster said any S or H category receives service of a Butler and Concierge. RCCL does offer all of the amenities you described as part of the price of the suite and not as a promo as NCL does at the present time. I was curious to see the pricing for Europe to compare between the Haven we have booked and RCCL. Unfortunately it is not available. We personally enjoy the Butler and Concierge service we have received on NCL. Every thing we wished for and more has always been granted.:)

Linda the book lover,

What is the tip that is usually recommended for the butler? Two couples on a Panama Canal 14 day cruise in SE suites....need an idea of what is expected....thanks

Since I add in one to two special requests we start the tip from $50 and go up. One time my room steward was to die for and he ran got $50 as well which may be a bit much but he really deserved it.

Many will tell you a starting dollar amount and some cruisers stick to an amount. We base ours on what we needed from the butler and how well our needs are met. There are times after the initial M&Ms for me and warm chocolate chip cookies for DH we never request anything else. However when we hear the doorbell we know the butler is checking in and somehow we might think of something like please more cheese canapes and less meat except the shrimp that the DH just loves.

I think you'll find the price for a Suite or Haven stateroom is vastly different than the Star class. From what I've heard the NCL butlers are responsible for more staterooms than RCCL's Genie, but I haven't experienced RCCL's Star Class first hand.....hard for me to justify the price over a Sky class and paying for all of those things myself. We've had great experiences in the Haven.

• 8 months later...

Genie service is butler service with regular butler service plus a lot of free stuff.

quote]

It's a slow day here on CC...

The question of "butler service" reminds me of a scene from the movie, "Arthur".

:cool:
Edited by $hip$hape

Another question regarding butler service. Do you get a pre trip questionnaire to fill out prior to the cruise that is shared with the butler?

No. You get a letter from the pre-concierge that offers you a choice of coffee (regular or decaf) and a choice of pillows. If you order either through the pre-concierge, you have a <10% chance of the request being properly executed.

We much prefer to meet and talk to our butler and room steward in person regarding preference and requests.

No. You get a letter from the pre-concierge that offers you a choice of coffee (regular or decaf) and a choice of pillows. If you order either through the pre-concierge, you have a <10% chance of the request being properly executed.

We much prefer to meet and talk to our butler and room steward in person regarding preference and requests.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. You get a letter from the pre-concierge that offers you a choice of coffee (regular or decaf) and a choice of pillows. If you order either through the pre-concierge,

you have a <10% chance of the request being properly executed.

What's the chances of the butler having a stash of "ship pins"? :p

(rhetorical question)

What's the chances of the butler having a stash of "ship pins"? :p

(rhetorical question)

You never know. We had a cruise next rep rummage through a drawer late last year and pull a couple out. No such luck in the Jewel last month. :(

Another question regarding butler service. Do you get a pre trip questionnaire to fill out prior to the cruise that is shared with the butler?
I always called the Pre-Concierge at the 100 day mark prior to my cruise. I make all my restaurant reservations, tell them the things I would like done prior to my arrival (mini-bar cleaned out, pitchers of iced tea and water, no snacks of any kind, etc.). I've always had great success in getting these things handled.

I always called the Pre-Concierge at the 100 day mark prior to my cruise. I make all my restaurant reservations, tell them the things I would like done prior to my arrival (mini-bar cleaned out, pitchers of iced tea and water, no snacks of any kind, etc.). I've always had great success in getting these things handled.

What's the phone number? We sail in 33 days and have not yet been contacted.

Following this post as we have book the Sky for April 2018 to Cuba and booked a owner's suite. So anyone that has been in this type suite on the Sky can give me any pointers please feel free to let me know what I can expect and if you have a room steward & butler & concierge and what all they do. Thanks