Recent Silhouette wine menu

Elusive_Cruiser

Sorry, no photo but can say there was a good choice on board Silhouette in July. Make sure you ask a Sommelier to see the wine list, if this is not on table. The suggestions on the daily menu are very limited but there should be alternatives available. What exactly would you be looking for?

No photo here either. We are "fussy" wine drinkers lol. I recommend upgrading to the premium package. We are always able to find something nice. Toward the end of the cruise, I guess once the sommeliers figured us out, they offered wine that was not on the wine list! So maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask. There is also a wine package we may try on our next cruise. It is for bottles of wine only which seems like a waste as they keep your glass topped up and have even left the bottle on the table for us. As far as bringing wine on board I think that is only for consumption in the room. Also if you have the premium package and want something more expensive you only pay the difference. I enjoyed a chateauneuf du pape on occasion for a small fee which came out of our onboard credit. Also your friends may be interested to know that on Silhouette they have a wine tasting for $20 which was well worth the cost. The wines were very good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the responses! They do have the premium package and I would think she should find something agreeable. Here are her 'wish list' wines:

JacobsCreek Moscato ( white or rosée)

White (pink coloured) Zin - I can drink almost all ofthem. I prefer the Gallo but Beringer is ok. Not fond of Woodbridge

Anyone have any idea if these are on board?

Those wines are definitely not on the premium menu but they could be on the basic one. Tell your friend not to worry. If she just describes what she is looking for the sommeliers will just keep bringing her samples until she finds something she likes. It will be an adventure and she will probably have quite a few favourites by the end of the cruise ;)

Thanks for the responses! They do have the premium package and I would think she should find something agreeable. Here are her 'wish list' wines:

JacobsCreek Moscato ( white or rosée)

White (pink coloured) Zin - I can drink almost all ofthem. I prefer the Gallo but Beringer is ok. Not fond of Woodbridge

Anyone have any idea if these are on board?

The white Zin is Berlinger. The wines you listed are on the Classic package, no need for the premium.

We just cruised on the Infinity in September, but think that the lists are probably comparable.

Lizz_Go - I agree. We had the Classic Package, and were never disappointed in the MDR. Although we told the sommelier that we had that package, I also prefaced our wine that evening with the specific entree we were having. I had some marvelous reds that I have to believe were not "on" our package (and were kept topped off!). They always poured directly from the bottle as opposed to bringing us the wine already poured into the glass. :):)

Also agree that the wines suggested by the OP are probably found (or something equivalent) without upgrading to the premium package.

If your friends select a wine not on the classic package they will only be charged the difference between the classic allowance and the actual cost + 18%. if the actual cost of the wine selected is $10 classic allowance is $9, so the charge in that case would be $1.18.