First time Norwegian cruiser question.....

ANONOMUS_1

I'm guessing that my TA checked the box or whatever because I got a cupcake in my room with a coupon/ card to take to dinner that night for some of the wait staff to sing and bring a cake. (Not being one who likes being sung to at restaurants, I skipped that part but witnessed other people having "Happy Birthday" sung to them.

Our room steward had a towel cake complete with towel candles in our cabin on my birthday. We had the birthday cake at dinner with of course the singing which was fine for me. My DH of course had the cabin decorated even though I told him not to have it done. You can always place a call to the person who booked your cruise and they can still add it on your reservation.

Taking my first cruise with Norwegian for my birthday! My question is, if I inform them that I'm celebrating my birthday will they do anything special? When I booked I forgot to check the box that asks if your celebrating a birthday:(

When you are being seated in MDR or specialty for dinner, let the host/hostess know you are celebrating your birthday. You'll get a small birthday cake and the waiters will sing Happy Birthday.

When you are being seated in MDR or specialty for dinner, let the host/hostess know you are celebrating your birthday. You'll get a small birthday cake and the waiters will sing Happy Birthday.

This is what we did at Cagney's. Dh's birthday, and we will be there again this year for his birthday.

We notified them that we would be celebrating my birthday on our recent Getaway cruise. On my birthday, there was a cupcake left in my cabin by our room steward when we returned from a port day, and a card to present to the wait staff at dinner. They brought me a small cake and sang to me. We dined that night in Moderno, but it can be given to any wait staff in any restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happy Birthday soon. I informed our TA and he gave us a $25 OBC and we also informed NCL and they provided everything that was already mentioned above. Nice to celebrate a variety of special occasions on a cruise. We have enjoyed retirements, weddings and anniversaries on other sailings

Usually they will do something small....... keep in mind many people take a cruise to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or something........ You can order a birthday package where there decorate your room and have a cake however you pay for that. It's found with the excursions on the website

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Taking my first cruise with Norwegian for my birthday! My question is, if I inform them that I'm celebrating my birthday will they do anything special? When I booked I forgot to check the box that asks if your celebrating a birthday:(

They already know it's your birthday. If you're cruising solo, I'm not sure what would happen. For my birthday my wife ordered a birthday cake when we booked. The concierge sent us a bottle of wine and the HD comped us a free dinner in Cagneys when the cake wasn't what my wife ordered. We were in a deluxe owners suite, so that may have helped.

They already know it's your birthday. If you're cruising solo, I'm not sure what would happen. For my birthday my wife ordered a birthday cake when we booked. The concierge sent us a bottle of wine and the HD comped us a free dinner in Cagneys when the cake wasn't what my wife ordered. We were in a deluxe owners suite, so that may have helped.

so how do they know if its 3 weeks after your bday and this is when you are celebrating? :) as i'm taking my 50th bday cruise 3 weeks after the actual date

That's something different. Celebrating a birthday on a day that's not really your birthday is not quite the same. In your case tell them you are celebrating you birthday, or purchase a birthday package/cake for the day you wish to use as you surrogate birthday. This year we are on the QM2 for my birthday. My response was for the OP, who stated they would be on a cruise on their birthday, everything I did on my birthday had a Happy Birthday wished to me by the staff.[emoji322]