Bourbon to the room?

jodyneel

It appears that it's no longer possible to pre-order bourbon online to the room via the FunShops - also called; they were also surprised it wasn't available and couldn't help. Some other liquors are available (including some whiskys), but no bourbon (e.g., Beam, Makers, Woodford, Blantons...)

There are also only about 40 liquors that can be pre-ordered, which is a much smaller selection than I remember from my last cruise (2015).

Questions:

1) What bourbons do they actually stock on board now (2017)?

2) How can I get a bottle of bourbon delivered to the room for drinking while on board? (Traveling with extended family including an infant which means there will probably be some evenings we need to spend "in" rather than around the ship)

What port are you sailing from?

We're sailing from Charleston on the Ecstasy. I can pre-order about 40 types of liquor (and some more items combined with mixers), but bourbon is not one of the liquors available for pre-order. Sambuca, chambord, frangelico, yes; bourbon, no.

The Funshops person I spoke to made it sound like the lack of bourbon for pre-ordering was fleet-wide and not specific to my sailing (as I didn't give her my sailing or reservation info).

I noticed this the other day as well. I ALWAYS order Captain Morgan for the room. One bottle from the Fun Shops and then from room service as the bottles disappear. Captain Morgan is no longer offered. I called and they told me that it's just not available for purchase to the room, however it will be available by the drink. I'm not purchasing it by the drink (it takes forever and they are super weak) so Carnival loses out on 3 or 4 bottle purchases on a 7 day cruise.

• 3 months later...
Oh no! I hope that gets fixed. We were hoping to have bourbon for our room too.

I just checked today... NO BOURBON ... Every other drink in world...They do not seem to understand the difference between whiskey and Bourbon.

I just checked today... NO BOURBON ... Every other drink in world...They do not seem to understand the difference between whiskey and Bourbon.

Talked to them about it before my 4/1/17 cruise. They had no idea, said they'd pass it on.

Wouldn't you like to be in a meeting with the beards to see how their minds work as they screw things up so badly?

Talked to them about it before my 4/1/17 cruise. They had no idea, said they'd pass it on.

Wouldn't you like to be in a meeting with the beards to see how their minds work as they screw things up so badly?

What they is a need is couple of 3 finger neat glasses of single barrel Knob Creek.. That would get that meeting off in the right direction.

When we were on the Breeze in Feb, there were very few choices for whiskey, none of the Canadian blends they have always had, no Jim bean. We got a bottle of Jack Daniels. $85.00 Carnival has made a lot of cutbacks and changes that are NOT customer friendly. I've had just about enough.

I always got my husband makers mark, over priced but hey it works. He actully prefers Woodford but always made due with makers. I just informed him a month ago when we booked our next cruise for oct that there was no bourbon selections avaiable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Sad as it is, you can always go to the nearest bar and order a bourbon or 2 or 3 neat, no ice, and bring them back to you cabin. Doesn't take long to do this. Have the cabin steward load your ice bucket, take out a bottle of water and have at it for a night in the cabin or on your balcony. More expensive? Probably. But what's important? quality and type of liquor or $$.

Jack Daniels calls itself Kentucky sour mash whiskey, not bourbon. Although i have read it is technically a bourbon.

Southern comfort is a liqueur.

They offered makers mark back in 2015. But not last year.

Jack Daniels calls itself Kentucky sour mash whiskey, not bourbon. Although i have read it is technically a bourbon.

Southern comfort is a liqueur.

They offered makers mark back in 2015. But not last year.

Just a bit of clarification: Jack is TENNESSEE whiskey not Kentucky. To be a bourbon there has to be 51% corn in the mash. Some bourbon distillers, like Makers use wheat versus rye. And straight bourbon can only be matured in new oak barrels used only once. Jack is also filtered through charcoal before being placed in charred oak barrels for maturing. Southern Comfort is a liqueur that has a whisky flavor (at one time bourbon) to it. It's basically a 100% grain alcohol (like vodka) distilled with fruits and spices.

Bourbon is my evening sipping beverage of choice. Always neat. Always higher proof. I'm frustrated with the lack of choices at the bar, pre-ordered to the room, or at the fun shops.

Love to sip two fingers of Knob Creek or Wild Turkey 101 in the evenings. I'll have to settle for makers I guess. CW will order one before we head back to the room, which I will combine with my order for a double as I sit out on the balcony. Grrrr

They didn't have makers in any of the bars on our cruise 4-13 from Mobile. They said Buffalo Trace replaced it in the on ship bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's actually great news. Buffalo Trace is a good label, and 90 proof. Step up from Maker's.