Caribbean Princess - Aft Mini-Suites on Dolphin & Emerald Decks

C-LAD

Is anyone familiar with the far aft mini-suites on the Caribbean Princess' Dolphin & Emerald decks - specifically, Cabins D732, D733, E731 & E730.

I understand the balconies extend towards the aft of the ship and wrap around so you can look directly towards the back. Correct?

Is anyone familiar with the far aft mini-suites on the Caribbean Princess' Dolphin & Emerald decks - specifically, Cabins D732, D733, E731 & E730.

I understand the balconies extend towards the aft of the ship and wrap around so you can look directly towards the back. Correct?

We were in D733 on one of the other ships that have these very special cabins. They were originally designated as "handicap", but something didn't pass muster;) and they are available for anyone.

Things to know (applies only to the Dolphin deck minis, never been on Emerald):

1) The entry door is at the end of the hall after you turn the corner. We were relatively new to cruising and thought they left our cabin at the port.;p

2) The bathroom is set-up for handicap. There's no shelf under the sink, there are grab bars everywhere, but the best thing was the shower!! It was enormous!! Room for you, your spouse and a couple of your best friends:D. There's also a seat, if you want to sit down.

3) The balcony IS enormous. There's no cover, but there's definitely room for a party and you can see aft or look around the corner at the back of the ship.

4) The booking page states, "twin beds only". Not true. You can have the beds put together, it just makes the path to the sofa/balcony areas a little tight. Wasn't an issue for us. Also, if you opt for a queen bed, the TV is in a funny place. We didn't care.

5) The closet is cupboards along the wall, no dressing area.

One of the things that gave us lots of giggles, almost every time room service came to our room, the waiter would try to leave through the bathroom door. You'll know what I mean if you book one of these cabins.:D

If you'd like pix, shoot me an email (g n j ferren at hot mail dot com). I had them on Photo Bucket which no longer works and haven't taken the time to find another site to put them.

Great cabins, balconies do wrap on Emerald deck, E730 can be noisy because of club fusion; I did hear the music my DH heard nothing. If I had a choice I’d book E731 but would probably book E730 again too.

a>

I've been in E731 on the Caribbean Princess several times, and have it reserved for our next cruise. The balcony does extend towards the aft of the ship however it does not wrap around. You can see some of the wake. It is a huge covered balcony.

I have several pictures. You can see both the Emerald and Dolphin mini's. The Dolphin mini is uncovered.

a>

a>Carib%20Princess%20E731.jpg

E731%20Carib%20Princess%202.jpg

a>

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

• 7 months later...
a>

I've been in E731 on the Caribbean Princess several times, and have it reserved for our next cruise. The balcony does extend towards the aft of the ship however it does not wrap around. You can see some of the wake. It is a huge covered balcony.

I have several pictures. You can see both the Emerald and Dolphin mini's. The Dolphin mini is uncovered.

a>

a>Carib%20Princess%20E731.jpg

this photo makes me smile. I took this photo of my DH standing in our cabin, E731 many years ago and it is still floating around cruise critic:cool:a>

e]

Would you say this was a significantly better cabin than a standard caribe deck balcony size room with the extra large balcony? I have both e731 and c626 booked for next March and the price difference is $430 for 2, I can’t seem to decide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the CB, E731. Only issue I had with this balcony is that security camera. Is was placed in such a way that made me uncomfortable. It was tilted down, not out to the side. I just couldn't sit out there early in the morning, in my nightie, enjoying my coffee. I felt like I was on display 20170225_162006.thumb.jpg.5334f088c1cca2a4f8141e8d241ff24d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I always put on the Princess robe, one to let room service in for delivery of my coffee and keep it on while I am on the balcony. There is no such thing as 100% privacy; even your next door neighbor leaning over the rail to watch the views and peek in.