Crown, Emerald, or Ruby Princess Deck 9 last mini-suite on port or starboard aft side

cruisefamilyforever

Can anyone give me any insight good or bad in selecting the very last mini-suite aft on the port or starboard side on deck 9. I know the balcony is uncovered. Is it insanely windy or are there any other concerns?

The back cabins on the emerald deck are a bit louder from the noise of the wake...I would expect the back cabins on dolphin the same.

Not sure either, but on some of the older grand class ships, D732/D733 have different layouts..see this link at the bottom for photos...

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/unique-cabins/uniquegragolsta

We had the one on the Emerald Princess on the Emerald deck. E731. Personally we love the sound of the ocean and wake 02d28dcb4cde451174ccba43c69ab95a.jpg3ab399f821bce7ab45289751f45c39e3.jpgand didn’t find the wind bad. It is a very large balcony and private.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have the same cabin on a 15 day to hawaii. What can you tell me about the seating - footrests, loungers etc.

One of the last cabins on Emerald deck is over the bandstand in Club Fusion. I can't remember if it's port or starboard.

If you go to bed early this can be a problem.

On our last cruise there was Zumba in there at 9:15 every morning so if you like to sleep late that might also be a problem.

We had the last mini on the other side for a 15 cruise to Hawaii and heard nothing.(I looked through old notes and we had E729 so starboard must be the quiet side).

It was a huge, covered balcony!

EDIT: On re-reading your post I think you're asking about the Dolphin deck since you mention uncovered.

We only sailed in an uncovered Dolphin Deck mini once (in the middle of the ship) and didn't like the lack of privacy so sorry, I'm not any help.

Edited by chamima

We've sailed in E729 below where you are looking, this is our absolute favourite spot. We love the aft side of the ship, love the combination of wake/side view and the extended balcony. I've had a Dolphin mini that was mid-ship and I did not care for the fact it was uncovered.

We've sailed in E729 below where you are looking, this is our absolute favourite spot. We love the aft side of the ship, love the combination of wake/side view and the extended balcony. I've had a Dolphin mini that was mid-ship and I did not care for the fact it was uncovered.

I don’t like people above us being able to see down either. This was a great spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums