Cunard upgrades?

fourmile.ranch

c

Tangoqueen....You said the cabin you liked was a bigger inside. When I was booking a few months ago for a QM2 voyage, I asked on CC if there were any inside cabins with a sofa, even if it was a 2 seater. People posted that none of the inside cabins on QM2 had sofas. I thought that I had seen pictures of this but could not find them when I was booking.

After reading your post about the Delux inside cabin being larger, I would like to ask you if it also had a sofa. If so, could you please let me know the category and cabin number. I could use the information next year when I book again.

Thank you.

c

Tangoqueen....You said the cabin you liked was a bigger inside. When I was booking a few months ago for a QM2 voyage, I asked on CC if there were any inside cabins with a sofa, even if it was a 2 seater. People posted that none of the inside cabins on QM2 had sofas. I thought that I had seen pictures of this but could not find them when I was booking.

After reading your post about the Delux inside cabin being larger, I would like to ask you if it also had a sofa. If so, could you please let me know the category and cabin number. I could use the information next year when I book again.

Thank you.

The inside cabins with sofas aren't available on QM2, Tangoqueen was on Queen Elizabeth.

Did anyone hear if Fourmile.ranch ever receive an upgrade on either leg? I'm guessing that since there was no follow-up posting the answer is no.

You are correct the answer was no. But it did feel like a bit of a homecoming returning to the same stateroom as the year before.

This year we took care of the whole upgrade issue by booking a higher category. I guess if Cunard really, really wants to upgrade us this year it will have to be into the Grills.

That was a hint, Cunard!

c

Thank you.

Hi Oceansandseas, as Hattie has pointed out I was on QE and we have booked the same range of cabins on our upcoming QV & QE cruises. We have the cabins on deck 1 GA or GC grade along from reception but they also have deck 6&8. They are very comfortable and spacious with a 2 seater sofa and a little space to practice our Tango. I must point out that there was some noise interference during the night. We got used to it and it wasn’t a problem for us but it was enough for us to make comment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Upgrades done at the pier are another matter but I can't imagine they are very common, either.

Not common, but it's happened to us a couple of times.

On one occasion we turned up at our new cabin at the same time as the people it had previously been assigned to. They hadn't been told that they were being upgraded.

To add to the confusion their luggage somehow went to their new cabin, our's went to our old cabin. So we had four people, with no luggage, trying to sort out who was sleeping with whom:eek: