Likelihood of rough seas on the Prinsendam October to Holy land

bennybear

Just wondering what others may have experienced on an early October Mediterranean sailing Rome to Haifa and back? TIA

No one can control King Neptune, but we have done this sailing and had no issue.

If any ship can handle rough seas well and cut through the waves, it's the Prinsendam :D

Can't guarantee the weather but we've been in Europe, Med, Black Sea and Israel in October (a great time to go as it's cooler and fewer crowds) and probably only had a couple of rough days. And on the P'dam I didn't realize how high the waves were until the captain announced.

I had to go down to the Promenade deck to really see it for myself. That's how little I was feeling it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick replies! Kazu, you have intrigued me in the Prinsendam. We have spent several months sailing in the Med, but not that far south. So appreciate the insight,

Happy to help, bennybear. Those are only my experiences of course but I have been in pretty rough seas on this ship and she is amazing. Only when you get pummeled side to side is there an effect.

Her hull is built differently than the other HAL ships (she wasn't built by HAL) and literally, if she can face the waves, she literally cuts through them rather than ride up and down.

:)Very true, but there are some areas that are notorious and I unfortunately am affected by high seas. For instance, I will avoid cruises in the Tasman sea. So I just like to gather information on how things are usually which I know can change. And pack meclizine:o

:)Very true, but there are some areas that are notorious and I unfortunately am affected by high seas. For instance, I will avoid cruises in the Tasman sea. So I just like to gather information on how things are usually which I know can change. And pack meclizine:o

The weather in Israel and Europe has been unpredictable so whilst a fair question no one here can answer.

All I will say is we were on a med cruise last summer and the ship was thrown around. It was a mega Ship!

I'm like you and have to be prepared. I found ginger capsule very helpful. And when I was in the Tasman sea it wasn't choppy at all. Goes to show that you never know.

I'm on this sailing with you - see you onboard :-)

The weather in Israel and Europe has been unpredictable so whilst a fair question no one here can answer.

All I will say is we were on a med cruise last summer and the ship was thrown around. It was a mega Ship!

The size of the ship isn't the only thing that matters when seas are rough. Some ships ride the seas better than others, and from what I've read Prinsendam is one of those ships.

That said, you are absolutely right that weather is unpredictable. Right before I went to Israel for the first time, in December 2010, there was a terrific storm off the coast that caused a lot of damage in areas near Ashdod, Ashkelon, etc. I remember because the storm caused the collapse of a cliff that exposed a Roman statue:

https://www.haaretz.com/1.5091993