Eclipse- Cabin 8257 Beware!

luvtravel88

We got off the Eclipse this past Friday after a wonderful Mediterranean Cruise.

I chose and booked this cabin 20 months ago and was very excited to have a cabin on the front hump. It's in a great location, pretty close to the midship elevator, through a double glass door that opens automatically when necessary, but otherwise remains closed, keeping out noise from the center.

This is a typical balcony room and was great, except..... the room vibrated.

It vibrated 24/7, but most of the time it wasn't too bad and we were able to sleep through it. Sometimes though is was pretty bad, enough that we would leave the room to find somewhere that was still.

The cruise was 12 nights and after living with that for that length of time, I find that when I lay down in bed at night, I still feel like I'm vibrating.

We did not complain as I knew the ship was fully booked and there would have been no where for us to go. If we hadn't been able to sleep, I would have said something.

Someone who is more sensitive to movement could really be bothered staying in this cabin.

Thanks so much for posting! This cabin had been on my short list of potential choices for an itinerary I’m considering (and I love the large Veranda). I expect some intermittent vibration during rough seas or when docking, but not constant, noticeable vibration. Please do post this in the S-class cabin sticky. It’s at the top of this page, “S-Class Cabin Information....”.

I’m sorry you had this experience, but I’m glad it didn’t ruin your sleep or your cruise.

We’re is 8263 next week

I’m concerned now, as we’re 3 cabins along

Do you think it was a problem just with your cabin ?

I don't know.

I do know we felt vibration on this ship in more places and more often than we have before.

I don't know.

I do know we felt vibration on this ship in more places and more often than we have before.

I’m pretty sure our cruise is sold out so they wouldn’t move us even if we did complain

Better have more alcohol then to make me sleep lol

Not sure if you are aware, all cruise ships sail with at least 10 empty cabins. Regardless of them saying them saying the cruise is full.They have to do this in case they encounter any problems with cabins.

So if you are not happy with your cabin, insist on being moved and stick to your guns. They have to move you, take your complaint to the Customer Services Manager.

It always pays to voice your displeasure, we had an oceanview room on Reflection in Jan and the window made a lot of noise, I mentioned it to customer service and repairs were done but it still creaked and groaned so another visit was made to alleviate the sounds, sounded much better for rest of cruise. I was sent vouchers for each of us, $100 OBC, this really surprised me. 

we sailed on the eclipse recently in cabin 1635.  before leaving i read a thread about terrible vibrations in that cabin and tried to change.  the boat was full and it was not possible.  well, it turned out just fine.  there were vibrations, but they were not that bad, and not constant.  certainly never kept us awake at night as they did the people who originally posted about it.  just goes to show that what bothers some terribly is barely on the radar of others.  we did notice vibrations in random places all over the boat.  we always had a drink at the martini bar before dinner and sometimes it vibrated and sometimes it did not.   my point is that even if you change cabins you might not escape these vibrations and that unless you are very sensitive to things like that it probably won't bother you. 

7 minutes ago, minnied said:

we sailed on the eclipse recently in cabin 1635.  before leaving i read a thread about terrible vibrations in that cabin and tried to change.  the boat was full and it was not possible.  well, it turned out just fine.  there were vibrations, but they were not that bad, and not constant.  certainly never kept us awake at night as they did the people who originally posted about it.  just goes to show that what bothers some terribly is barely on the radar of others.  we did notice vibrations in random places all over the boat.  we always had a drink at the martini bar before dinner and sometimes it vibrated and sometimes it did not.   my point is that even if you change cabins you might not escape these vibrations and that unless you are very sensitive to things like that it probably won't bother you. 

Have they figured out or disclosed what is causing the vibrations?  Normally some vibration is expected in  aft lower levels..dining rm...but not throughout the ship.  

Maybe in addition to adding info to stickys..a list could be done of Vibration reports.  It may vary at times but I'd be interested in a list.