Where do your Toddlers sleep?

Prinycesa07

We are very close to booking a last minute cruise for next month. I just have one concern. Sleeping arrangements. I have a 3 year old and another one who will be 2 next week. I'm assuming that i can request a crib for my 2 year old, correct? The room is an interior and there is not a sofa. Is 3 yrs old too young to sleep on the top pull out beds? I believe i remember there there were bars up there but i do not remember exactly. Otherwise I guess she would have to sleep with us?

Sorry if this has been asked, i tried the search feature but im not the best at those things :rolleyes:

I would recommend a pack n play for the younger child. As for the older child, I would be hesitant to put a 3 year old in a top bed. I would say for safety reasons she would have to sleep with you.

Or if possible, can you get a room that has a sofa bed? That way you can turn the sofa bed facing the wall for your 3 year old and the 2 year old can be in a pack in play.

Thanks guys.

This may be a deal breaker for us then. Poo. No, the balcony (sofa rooms) are out of our budget & if she slept with us he would want to as well & to be honest that just doesn't sound like a vacation to me :/ I think she's too big for the crib & don't know that she would even sleep in a crib to be honest.

Maybe an air mattress?

OK, so if there is space, I would suggest:

1/ seeing if a mattress can be placed on the floor for the toddler to sleep, but obviously u will have the pack and play so would be extremely tight.

2/ the adults take it in turn to sleep on bunk, and toddler sleeps in the double with other adult or in a bed of their own.

3/ buy a inflatable ready bed

Yeah, I think your best bet may be to place the top bunk mattress on the floor at night for your 3 year old. There will likely be no floor space left with that and the crib, but unless one of the adults takes a top bunk and the other adult shares with the 3 year old, it's the best way. Of course, depending on your 3 year old, they may end up in the bed with the adults either way!

You haven't said what ship you are on, and it makes a difference in room size. If you push the twins together against one wall and put the mattress from the bunk on the floor between the bed and the other wall, you will have room to slide off the end of the bved to get to the bathroom, even with the pack & play/crib. EM

Awesome! We're on the Carnival Pride. So the mattress comes off and isnt connected? That works for me. Thanks everyone!

And, Essie, i have to ask...Is your kids full name Essie? This makes me smile becuase my 3 yr old is begging for a sister. DAILY. And has her named picked out, her clothes picked out when we go shopping, her crib, everything. Her name is Essie. She talks about Essie daily LOL.

We were on the Pride not long ago. Yes, the mattresses come off the beds. In general, the interior cabins on Carnival ships are larger than other lines. Approx 185 sq ft on the Pride. You can ask your stateroom attendant to remove the little table and chairs that make up the seating area, which will also give you more floor space. If they can, they will help you out.

We were on the Pride not long ago. Yes, the mattresses come off the beds. In general, the interior cabins on Carnival ships are larger than other lines. Approx 185 sq ft on the Pride. You can ask your stateroom attendant to remove the little table and chairs that make up the seating area, which will also give you more floor space. If they can, they will help you out.

Awesome, thanks so much!

Great ideas!

They could sleep together, that is a good point. My 2 yr old is very attached to a crib but it could be worth a shot.

Sleeping bag & pad is a great idea as well. We actually have a sleeping bag she hasn't used yet either. And I've never heard of a toddler travel bed but I'm off to google it now.

We are taking 2 year old DD on the Allure next month. Our stateroom will have a sofa that will be her bed. If it didn't have the sofa we would have purchased a toddler travel bed for her. She's very tall for her age and in a toddler bed t home so the pack n play wouldn't work for us.

When we travel, my 3 year old (and 6 year old) sleep on these. They fold up like bag chairs, so they are easy to travel with. My son is tube fed, so co-sleeping is out of the question with all his lines. He needs to be in his own space. We put a folded up blanket on it, then put a crib sheet on, and it is comfy enough for a kid. Our older one has lasted 3 years with lots of trips, and still is in great shape.

Regalo Toddler Cot. For some reason, the blue one is way more expensive on Amazon right now than the pink one, but I only paid $25 each for mine.

regalo-my-cot-portable-bed.jpg

modern-kids-beds.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Cot-Portable-Toddler-Pink/dp/B0088UXLSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365139236&sr=8-1&keywords=toddler+cot+regalo

We are leaving on our first cruise next week with our three-year-old DD.

Our room has a pull-down bed, and we are hoping it will work for her. At the suggestion of someone here on CC, I bought this item from One Step Ahead:

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/Stay-Put-Inflatable-Bed-Rail-Single/_/R-538759

I can report back in a couple of weeks on how it worked out!

We are leaving on our first cruise next week with our three-year-old DD.

Our room has a pull-down bed, and we are hoping it will work for her. At the suggestion of someone here on CC, I bought this item from One Step Ahead:

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/Stay-Put-Inflatable-Bed-Rail-Single/_/R-538759

I can report back in a couple of weeks on how it worked out!

Yes! Please do let me know, i will keep checking this thread! We leave May 5th so hopefully that would be enough time to order it.

That regalo travel bed looks pretty awesome too. I may just go ahead and order that as well for when she sleeps at grandmas.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes! Please do let me know, i will keep checking this thread! We leave May 5th so hopefully that would be enough time to order it.

We are back, and I can tell you that that One Step Ahead inflatable bed rail worked out AWESOME for us.

DH was not convinced that the upper would work out for DD. When we got to our room, DH was more impressed with the guard rail than I was :/ But we got the bed rail blown up and it was easy with two people to get it tucked in under the mattress pad. We put it in so that one end was up almost to the wall where DD's head would be. She tends to scrunch up by the pillow and i was worried that was where she would slip out onto the floor. But the inflatable guard rail made a 5-inch bump that would be pretty much impossible for her to roll over while she slept.

DD loved her bed and she slept great up there. Historically, we don't do so great with her sleeping in the same room with us, but having her in the upper kind of gave her a little "cubby" that was separate from us. It was also close to the air conditioning vent, so I think there was quite a bit of white noise. We were typically up and about in the mornings going to the bathroom, getting room service, etc., and she would stay asleep.

We were on the Fantasy, so our ocean view room was pretty small. I have no idea where we would have put her mattress on the floor.

Also, since we had the guard rail installed under the mattress pad, we asked our cabin steward to keep the bed down during the day. It impacted some walking room, but DD took naps in her bed 3/5 days we were there, so it was nice to have her bed all ready to go.

We are back, and I can tell you that that One Step Ahead inflatable bed rail worked out AWESOME for us.

DH was not convinced that the upper would work out for DD. When we got to our room, DH was more impressed with the guard rail than I was :/ But we got the bed rail blown up and it was easy with two people to get it tucked in under the mattress pad. We put it in so that one end was up almost to the wall where DD's head would be. She tends to scrunch up by the pillow and i was worried that was where she would slip out onto the floor. But the inflatable guard rail made a 5-inch bump that would be pretty much impossible for her to roll over while she slept.

DD loved her bed and she slept great up there. Historically, we don't do so great with her sleeping in the same room with us, but having her in the upper kind of gave her a little "cubby" that was separate from us. It was also close to the air conditioning vent, so I think there was quite a bit of white noise. We were typically up and about in the mornings going to the bathroom, getting room service, etc., and she would stay asleep.

We were on the Fantasy, so our ocean view room was pretty small. I have no idea where we would have put her mattress on the floor.

Also, since we had the guard rail installed under the mattress pad, we asked our cabin steward to keep the bed down during the day. It impacted some walking room, but DD took naps in her bed 3/5 days we were there, so it was nice to have her bed all ready to go.

Thank you!! So glad to hear it worked well for you :D Now to decide between this or the toddler bed thing. I better decide soon!!

Archived