Bon Voyage Experience on the Ruby Princess, 10/14/2017

1emerald1

I got my mini cruise fix yesterday on the Ruby, BVE. The ship is still as beautiful as the last time I cruised on her. We had lunch in the MDR, I had the shrimp and avocado salad, cheeseburger and orange souffle, all were delicious!

I picked up a patter and the following officers are currently on board:

Captain - Giorgio Pomata

Cruise Director - Kassia Di-Salvatore

Maitre d - Giorgio Paisano

Executive Chef - Amedeo Scarin

I aslo filled out a FCD form which I will use as soon as they apply it to my account, and plan on doing several more BVE!!

Yes, we could have had a glass of wine, beer or a soda. I mentioned on previous posts about how Princess corporate is untrained on the BVE, onboard it was the same. We had to show our server our letter showing that wine was included, but once he verified it everything was okay. And our boarding photo that was included in the fee was not at the purser's desk as it should be. We saw everyone else's photos, but not ours. They probably got mixed in with the cruising passengers.

For the complete menu the appetizer choice was the avocado shrimp salad, there was a pasta course which I didn't get, for the entree a choice of a hamburger/cheeseburger, salmon or a beef dish, and orange souffle for desert. My friend ordered the beef, and I'm not so sure he was thrilled with it, but my burger was fabulous!

And the price I paid, $39, has already been posted to my account as a FCD. So a few hiccups, but overall a great day. Oh, and we were late boarding, customs took longer than usual to clear the ship.

Yes, we could have had a glass of wine, beer or a soda. I mentioned on previous posts about how Princess corporate is untrained on the BVE, onboard it was the same. We had to show our server our letter showing that wine was included, but once he verified it everything was okay. And our boarding photo that was included in the fee was not at the purser's desk as it should be. We saw everyone else's photos, but not ours. They probably got mixed in with the cruising passengers.

For the complete menu the appetizer choice was the avocado shrimp salad, there was a pasta course which I didn't get, for the entree a choice of a hamburger/cheeseburger, salmon or a beef dish, and orange souffle for desert. My friend ordered the beef, and I'm not so sure he was thrilled with it, but my burger was fabulous!

And the price I paid, $39, has already been posted to my account as a FCD. So a few hiccups, but overall a great day. Oh, and we were late boarding, customs took longer than usual to clear the ship.

Remember the $39 is a credit for a NEW booking only. If you received as a credit towards an existing booking than you were very lucky. I’ve done many BVE’s and I only got the credit towards a new booking. I just finished a BVE today but there’s no showing of credit with any on my existing bookings.

The FCD, Future Cruise Deposit, at $100 each is a deposit used for a future cruise which is different from the BVE price of $39 which only shows up as a credit on a new booking.

Tom😎

Yes, you are right, I guess I wasn't very clear. I did a mock booking for a new cruise and the $39 showed up as available. The $100 FCD has not posted yet, I guess it takes a few days. But when it's available I will use it and the $39 towards a new booking!

That's what I'm hoping. I will do another in November on the Emerald, but you do have to book within 90 days. I have my eyes on a cruise in March on the Royal, so I will submit another FCD deposit form while on board, and will then have $200 plus $78 towards the deposit, plus $100 OBC! And you get to eat in the dining room, what a deal!

• 3 weeks later...
OP, how long did it take for your FCD to show up? I'm on the BVE Nov 14th, and want to book a cruise before the "3 for Free" sale ends Nov 16th. TIA! :)
It was probably 5 to 7 days before it showed up, however the $39 future cruise credit (the price paid for the BVE) showed up the next day.

OP, how long did it take for your FCD to show up? I'm on the BVE Nov 14th, and want to book a cruise before the "3 for Free" sale ends Nov 16th. TIA! :)

I recently did a BVE & my FCD showed the same day. If you don’t find any credit on your account contact Princess & let us know what happened.

Tom😎

You could (maybe) book the cruise while you're on the ship.

Only if you could find the office opened. From doing many BVE’s that office is usually closed. One thought is to talk to the person doing the BVE & explain what you want to do.

If you could download a copy of the form you could have it filled out & give it to them before you board.

Tom😎

Only if you could find the office opened. From doing many BVE’s that office is usually closed. One thought is to talk to the person doing the BVE & explain what you want to do.

If you could download a copy of the form you could have it filled out & give it to them before you board.

Tom😎

Is it possible to book a BVE online or Do you have to call? I could not find it on the Princess website

Tom😎

:) Do you have a link to the form? (I did a search and found an Australian one. :confused:)

Is it possible to book a BVE online or Do you have to call? I could not find it on the Princess website

You have to call Princess to book a BVE. Remember they only allow 50 people & on weekends the BVE department is closed.

Another tip...In San Francisco they preferred having you show your passport or passport card vs your regular ID. My last BVE a few weeks ago I forgot to bring my Passport Card & the person doing the check in wasn’t sure what to do with my ID & had to get a supervisor to help her.

Tom😎

:) Do you have a link to the form? (I did a search and found an Australian one. :confused:)

I remember seeing a post once where someone had a link to the form but don’t remember where I found it. Having the form makes it easier to have it pre-filled out.

Perhaps someone on board will be able to take a copy & post it for everyone.

Tom😎

I remember seeing a post once where someone had a link to the form but don’t remember where I found it. Having the form makes it easier to have it pre-filled out.

Perhaps someone on board will be able to take a copy & post it for everyone.

Tom😎

It's on the Princess website.

Book now and then swap out your FCD for the $100 deposit when you get it (they'll credit it back to your card). That's what I did to get the cabin I wanted under 3 for free before my Hawaii cruise where I bought the FCD.