How much do cigarettes cost to buy?

I don't know about the cigarette prices, but I know that cigars are outrageously priced. Make sure, if your a stogie smoker, bring 'em from home. I would guess cigarettes are similarly outrageous in price.

I don't know about the cigarette prices, but I know that cigars are outrageously priced. Make sure, if your a stogie smoker, bring 'em from home. I would guess cigarettes are similarly outrageous in price.

Actually, because the cigarettes are duty and tax free, they are much less expensive onboard than in the US. It's been a few years since I checked, but I've seen cartons for around $22.

May want to consider shopping in St Thomas for the best bang for your buck. Marlboro cartons can be had for $20 in certain stores.

Plus, I believe that there is a higher limit (compared to buying on the ship) to the amount of cartons one can bring back to the mainland if buying in the US Virgin Islands.

Just curious how much cigarettes are to buy onboard? I am going with a couple smokers and did advise them to buy their cigarettes and pack them.

I was just on a cruise on RC in October. Carton of pall mall blues were $20 on ship. You are limited to a total of 2 cartons but if you stop in ST Thomas then you can buy 5 cartons at a slightly higher price. I only bring a pack to get me by until I can buy on ship[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And, they don't have ALL brands....things like regular Marlboro or lights are there, but some of the "sub-species" (for lack of a better word) will not be on the ship...so if they smoke something that's a bit "off the wall", don't expect to find it in the ship's shops!

I have bought cigarettes in St Martin they were cheap but I question what is in them - I think I will buy off the ship this time around. Oh and I am not a smoker I get them for someone else. I would be interested in knowing what menthol cigarettes they have and how much.

On Oasis last September I got 2 cartons for $38 ( Camel activate) onboard. I always also buy in St Maarten as they have the best prices and having done my research, I am fairly sure they are legitimate cigarettes ( unhealthy, but cheaper than the $105 they would be back home in Ireland)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

May want to consider shopping in St Thomas for the best bang for your buck. Marlboro cartons can be had for $20 in certain stores.

Going to St Thomas in November. My day will mostly be on a shore excursion to St. John. Are cigarettes cheap there too? Can I also be allowed 5 cartons to bring back?

Going to St Thomas in November. My day will mostly be on a shore excursion to St. John. Are cigarettes cheap there too? Can I also be allowed 5 cartons to bring back?

You are allowed to bring back 5 cartons of cigarettes from the US Virgin Islands, which include St. Thomas, St. John, and St. Croix.

• 5 months later...

Hoping to revive this thread to get an answer instead of cluttering things with a new thread....but if you're buying a carton of cigarettes....do you get them right away when you purchase them or do they hold them until the end of the cruise like they would hold bottles of booze? Just wondering if anyone knows...thanks!

You get the carton(s) right away. I do that first night/next morning so I don't have to drag more with me.

Thanks so much for answering! Do you happen to know how many cartons per person/per cabin they allow you to get on the boat? You'd think i'd be able to wait 17 days to find this out on my own...but alas, im antsy lol