June London weather?

Just wondering about weather and type clothes to take for land trip in June (London and southwest England)? Lots of rain? And temp range?

Will jeans and athletic shoes be out of place, or do I need to dress a little nicer? I feel that perhaps nicer pants than jeans. I need good walking shoes, but doesn't have to be tennis shoe type necessarily. Asking for advice on what to pack, please.

June is fantastic. We have spent June in London for several years and last year I CARRIED, not opened my umbrella once. Tourists and some locals do wear jeans but we are not amongst them. I dress as I would in NYC.

We did have some very hot days in the beginning of the month but basically it was in the 70’s.

As for shoes I have great Vionocs and Merrills that do not look like they belong in the Olympics but again you will see many sneakers.

Enjoy your stay. I

Just wondering about weather and type clothes to take for land trip in June (London and southwest England)? Lots of rain? And temp range?
We have a saying here: It looks like we'll be in for a spot of weather. Just be prepared for whatever it happens to be. Snow is unlikely (although I've had that in late May), but pretty much anything else is possible. Looking at one of my usual sources, over the last decade the highest maximum temperature in June has been 32°, and the lowest minimum has been 4°. And, as always, it can be very volatile from day to day - you just need to see how often Wimbledon is baking hot or soaking wet during the tournament.

Anything is possible in June. It could be cold, unsettled and wet. Or it is a possible heatwave, drought and very warm, especially in London, on the tube in hot weather can be quite sticky. The main advantage of Juno is the very long days, great for days out.

Dress is much more informal than it used to be but not shorts in London. Layers is the best, and a light foldable rain jacket.

Thanks to all for your replies!! I'm hoping for weather will be like orchestral reported from their trip last June, but I'll be prepared for what Globaliser, Omega1 and GrJ Berkshire warned. Glad to have a better idea of what to pack.

Besides London, possibly a CIE Tour for part of our time in UK, our group of three cousins will be going specifically to Taunton and Bath to check out family roots and other sites around the area. Stonehenge is of interest, and we've been told Cornwall is lovely.

I must admit, I'm a fan of Midsomer Murders and Doc Martin (as well as some Britcoms), and quite looking forward to our visit!

My experience visiting London just like other places is that you just never know for sure what the weather will be like so I would check the forecast as the trip nears.

It is a nice time to visit London and hopefully you will enjoy nice weather.

Keith

I must admit, I'm a fan of Midsomer Murders and Doc Martin (as well as some Britcoms), and quite looking forward to our visit!

You should check out this site http://www.visitmidsomer.com/ for some of the locations used in the series. Best avoid any dates when there is a fair, fête, or any other event that brings in the crowds.... Only joking. You may even recognise some of the villages.

You should check out this site http://www.visitmidsomer.com/ for some of the locations used in the series. Best avoid any dates when there is a fair, fête, or any other event that brings in the crowds.... Only joking. You may even recognise some of the villages.

Thanks, Bob++ for the link. Those towns in the series are lovely!! (Of course, it gives the impression everyone lives in homes with beautiful gardens (maybe that's true) and it rarely rains, but that's 'show business'!)

Bob, you are a fount of information! Do you know of a bus tour of the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire villages of Midsomer Murders fame? My travel companions couldn't do a walking tour, I'm afraid, but they are fond of the tv show (shown on PBS here). My husband and I have watched several seasons on Netflix, and I would truly love to visit this area!