Celebrity first timers.....

lucys2daddys

or should i say Motel 6

We just got back from Millenium 10 nt cruise. Had always heard about the wonderful food and service. we had better on carnival which is was BAD

It wasnt just one night it was everynite of the cruise until we filled out the mid cruise survey complaining of poor service. At that point on our service was much improved but nothing was done to improve the service for those around us. we did the anytime dining.

As far as the rest of the ship goes my partner was appalled at the horrid condition of the bathroom in our stateroom The towels were suitable for carwashing not personal use. "things" were embedded in them and stained. don"t even think we would wear the threadbare and dingy robes

The entertainment was at best medicore .

I have never heard such a chorus of coughing in my life. It was like walking thru lawn spinklers on a warm summer day I ended up very ill and in the infirmary and a large bill , thanks old people

Just because you have wonderful sounding menu does not mean the food tastes as wonderful.

Hey NCL, we are coming back to you !

I have never heard such a chorus of coughing in my life. It was like walking thru lawn spinklers on a warm summer day I ended up very ill and in the infirmary and a large bill , thanks old people

!

That wasn't nice to say...you'll be there one day.:(

Perhaps your immune system is compromised,

take some vitamins...

That last comment was uncalled for, and I am sorry. As for my immune system I was healthy when I got there, but a person can only dodge sneezes so much! I would turn my head away from one sneeze only to get blasted from the other side...........and don't even get me started on people not washing hands.

Sorry to read that you did not enjoy your cruise. We are older folk, and on one cruise we encountered a lady who boarded with an infectious cough and proceeded to spread it around. When asked why she showed no remorse, her response was 'this is my vacation and it is my right to come'. My point is, no matter which cruise line you choose, when you bring the thoughtless, human nature into the equation there will be problems. We are cruising later this year with Celebrity and plan on having a great time. Good luck with future cruises.

Sorry to read that you did not enjoy your cruise. We are older folk, and on one cruise we encountered a lady who boarded with an infectious cough and proceeded to spread it around. When asked why she showed no remorse, her response was 'this is my vacation and it is my right to come'. My point is, no matter which cruise line you choose, when you bring the thoughtless, human nature into the equation there will be problems. We are cruising later this year with Celebrity and plan on having a great time. Good luck with future cruises.

that with all the paranoia about the Noro-Virus that the staff wldn't notice someone coughing and pull her out of the embarkation line. Saw this happen more than once on cruise holidays and don't they ask u to fill out an 'are u sick or have u been lately' questionaire also? If that is the case, then any & all pax noticing someone generously sharing their 'illnesses' :( definately shld report them to the staff asap!!

I am sorry 'Petrakae', u missed a perfect opportunity when she responded that it was 'her right to come' that it was also your right to 'not have her transmit a virus to u' and to complain about her to the authorities..She cld have had something really serious like TB even!!!

I so agree re: human nature & also upbringing unfortunately makes a lot of folks - young and old :) - selfish and thoughtless but we all must bear some responsibility if we let it pass and don't at least make some attempt to rectify it - otherwise we are, by our inaction, helping condone it!

I do hope you have a great next cruise!

As for my immune system I was healthy when I got there, but a person can only dodge sneezes so much! I would turn my head away from one sneeze only to get blasted from the other side...........and don't even get me started on people not washing hands.

Sounds like you were surrounded by sneeze assassins.

Not everyone will be happy with every cruise line. I am not a person who will attack all celebrity detractors. But, there is no need to point fingers at a group just because you want someone to blame. Post your negative review, let people know what your gripes were, but don't attack people just for you personal enjoyment.

Hmm, I sail X, RCL, and NCL, and try to mix them up for variety. I have never seen X service fall below NCL's for regular cabins. NCL does have the edge with suite perks and service.

I see plenty of older folks on all lines. I see people with coughs and colds on all lines. Last time I was on NCL Jewel there were lots of tots (Nickelodeon on board); those cute kids had sniffles, coughs, cold, childish hygeine. I came home sick. The kids didn't cough on me, but I did hold hand rails, touch doors and such. I am sure the OP could catch a cold on NCL or at a hotel, or at an airport, or even at work. It is not practical for everybody to stay home with a minor cold.

I think the OP became ill, like other sick folks maybe got a bit cranky, maybe lost some sense of taste/smell, and was very unhappy with the infirmary bill. I hope he stays healthy on his future travels.

Hmm, I sail X, RCL, and NCL, and try to mix them up for variety. I have never seen X service fall below NCL's for regular cabins. NCL does have the edge with suite perks and service.

I see plenty of older folks on all lines. I see people with coughs and colds on all lines. Last time I was on NCL Jewel there were lots of tots (Nickelodeon on board); those cute kids had sniffles, coughs, cold, childish hygeine. I came home sick. The kids didn't cough on me, but I did hold hand rails, touch doors and such. I am sure the OP could catch a cold on NCL or at a hotel, or at an airport, or even at work. It is not practical for everybody to stay home with a minor cold.

I think the OP became ill, like other sick folks maybe got a bit cranky, maybe lost some sense of taste/smell, and was very unhappy with the infirmary bill. I hope he stays healthy on his future travels.

Thank you for adding a positive attitude to the post. Afterall I think that is what travel is all about. ATTITUDE is everything.

Just a post from someone who has been on the Millie in the last few months. We did not have the sick issue so I'll just address a few other items:

(1) We had the early seating and the food was wonderful for most of the cruise. If we didn't like an item it was replaced by our very attentive waiter. The asst. waiter was new and not much but he did keep us in bread. Our wine/drinks came quickly every night.

(2) The bathroom wasn't a nice as the Equinox last year but it was clean and the linens could be called linens. I thought the towels big and generally soft. I sometimes noticed a burnt smell that might have been from overdrying.

I am honestly critical when called for and I know anyone can have a different experience given different circumstances.

We enjoyed the Millie so much we booked for a 2 weeker on the Connie same time in December.

I hope this helps relieve anyone who has booked on the Millie.

I think the mid-cruise survey is the card in the room basically asking: what can we fix? Celebrity's attempt to get things right when you are on board, rather than not being able to fix it later. I've had them on my last three cruises (Solstice, Century and Eclipse).

WHAT??? Is this something brand new? I've been on 12 Celebrity cruises and have never been given a mid-cruise survey to fill out.

Neither have we. We were just on the Eclipse and nothing like this was given out. It is too bad the OP had such a miserable time; we were on the Millennium last year and had a great time; thought the ship was in good condition. OP, next time you are having such issues on a cruise, wherever it is, don't wait; speak up to someone who can help you whether it is a Maitre' d in the dining room, the Chief Housekeeper or even the Hotel Director. I am sure someone could have helped you.

Edit: for those who will be sailing on the Millennium, here is a link to the more recent reviews. All on the first page that comes up are 4 and 5 star reviews, with once exception, and even that one starts out with the words Wonderful experience. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=167

A mid-cruise survey on a 10-night cruise???

Hmmmmm, never had a mid-cruise survey on a 14-night cruise.

Are you sure you were on Celebrity???

We had a mid cruise survey on Millennium. 10 nights

I live in Fla, and we put up with colds/flu every winter season, with germs being brought down from the north. Just keep washing our hands and not shaking hands with ANYONE during season.

My point being, whatever venue has folks coming from another area is going to suffer the usual colds and flu. Just learn how to prevent becoming infected.

I think the mid-cruise survey is the card in the room basically asking: what can we fix? Celebrity's attempt to get things right when you are on board, rather than not being able to fix it later. I've had them on my last three cruises (Solstice, Century and Eclipse).

We too were given this card on our 11 night Equinox cruise in Feb/11. It is entitled:

' Attention to Detail ' and is a guest feedback card encouraging you " to specify any details that you would like us to further focus on. I would greatly appreciate if you would provide the crew the chance to act now versus learning at the end of the cruise of a missed opportunity .

Sincerely.

Hotel Director ..... "

You were asked to complete the card with Stateroom # and date and to return it to Guest Relations at any time.

It was left in our stateroom around day 3 I think. Never had it on any previous cruises but thought it a great idea.

' Attention to Detail ' and is a guest feedback card encouraging you " to specify any details that you would like us to further focus on. I would greatly appreciate if you would provide the crew the chance to act now versus learning at the end of the cruise of a missed opportunity .

Sincerely.

Hotel Director ..... "

You were asked to complete the card with Stateroom # and date and to return it to Guest Relations at any time.

It was left in our stateroom around day 3 I think. Never had it on any previous cruises but thought it a great idea.

first time I've heard of that being done... that is a great idea :)

Archived