Which deck on breakaway, quick please

I’m assuming “higher deck” means deck 5 is out. There’s really no bad choice. I’d probably avoid those on deck 9 that are above a public area, but decks 10-13 all have only staterooms above & below (I believe, working from memory here).

A good location on the ship, near where we may spend a lot of time, but not too noisy. Lots of cruises but first NCL. Moving higher from 5. Thank you!

And where is that? The pool? The bars? The spa? ETC ETC

Are their really any bad floors on the breakaway? We booked a friends cruise with another couple in a few months. Budget was tight for this trip so inside room on the 5th floor is what we booked. It’s forward too. Hope I don’t regret it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A good location on the ship, near where we may spend a lot of time, but not too noisy. Lots of cruises but first NCL. Moving higher from 5. Thank you!

I really don't mean this to sound mean or snide, but if you've been on cruises before, I'd think a good scanning of the deck plans should enable you to make the right decision. If you gave us more SPECIFIC information on what you consider to be "good", we might be able to give you more thoughts. But failing that, go through the deck plans, see what the ship has to offer, decide what you'd like to be close to (or that you'd like to split the difference between two areas) and then plan accordingly.

My only suggestion would be to go higher than 9. The 9th floor balconies have the ceiling of the Waterfront literally just in front of your balcony, which would obstruct your clear view down into the ocean a bit. And you MIGHT get some noise if the Waterfront is busy. We were on deck 10, forward from the stairwell / elevators by about 5 cabins, and it was GREAT. But that suited us because it gave us quick access to the restaurants and some of the bars that are towards the aft section of the ship. If I wanted to be near the Atrium, for example (where many of the "game show" and trivia events are held), I would have wanted to be much more forward. And if the pool decks were my main draw, going UP a few decks would have been important to me. But the point is, we picked our cabin by a) knowing what kinds of things we wanted to be near & b) using the deck plans to help us find those spots. We were VERY happy with our choice.

We've been on Deck 14 just below pool and buffet. Lots of chair moving noise in the evening and early morning. Also did deck 13 aft and got late party music from Spice H2O. We chose deck 13 near aft elevators to be close to buffet, pool and restaurants this time. We also liked deck 8 forward but it's a long walk.

• 4 weeks later...
We've been on Deck 14 just below pool and buffet. Lots of chair moving noise in the evening and early morning. Also did deck 13 aft and got late party music from Spice H2O. We chose deck 13 near aft elevators to be close to buffet, pool and restaurants this time. We also liked deck 8 forward but it's a long walk.

8 wasn't bad? I've heard the balconies are exposed to above balconies and lots of debris ends up on them. Privacy was ok?

Thanks everyone. Had to stick with deck 5.

We were just on deck 5 and it was great. The window was large with a window seat. Easy to disembark and easy to get to floors 6-8 just walking to dining etc. it was quite quiet, and we were able to watch the pilot board the pilot boat which was pretty cool

Thank you very much!

We were just on deck 5 and it was great. The window was large with a window seat. Easy to disembark and easy to get to floors 6-8 just walking to dining etc. it was quite quiet, and we were able to watch the pilot board the pilot boat which was pretty cool