Boardwalk and Central Park Perks

yogimax

So we have a Boardwalk cabin on Harmony. One of the perks is a free soda package. Well, neither my wife nor I drink soda. Has anyone tried trading the boardwalk perk for a Central Park perk of a lunch and bottle of wine?

Thanks!

Yogi

So we have a Boardwalk cabin on Harmony. One of the perks is a free soda package. Well, neither my wife nor I drink soda. Has anyone tried trading the boardwalk perk for a Central Park perk of a lunch and bottle of wine?

Thanks!

Yogi

Yep, many have tried, and failed. I don't recall any reports of being able to trade.

I do not think the cruiseline will exchange the perk for you.

We could post on your cruises roll call and see if anybody might be interested in a private swap (for example, your two freestyle cups in exchange for their bootle of red wine). You never know, there might be might a teetotaler in a Central Park cabin who’d be pleased to trade, even if they can’t get the soda sticker on your card. I currently cannot drink for medical reasons, so I’d likely take such a trade if I were on your cruise.

The free lunches are tied to your cabin numbers/sea pass cards, so I would not try to privately trade those. Maybe give Johnny Rockets a try for free.

We could post on your cruises roll call and see if anybody might be interested in a private swap (for example, your two freestyle cups in exchange for their bootle of red wine). You never know, there might be might a teetotaler in a Central Park cabin who’d be pleased to trade, even if they can’t get the soda sticker on your card. I currently cannot drink for medical reasons, so I’d likely take such a trade if I were on your cruise.

The free lunches are tied to your cabin numbers/sea pass cards, so I would not try to privately trade those. Maybe give Johnny Rockets a try for free.

You could do better than JR for the free lunch, unless that is the only choice.. We had the CP balcony promo on Allure at Easter, and had a wonderful lunch at Giovanni's. We were able to trade a red for a white at dinner in the MDR, thanks to the Head Waiter.

You could do better than JR for the free lunch, unless that is the only choice.. We had the CP balcony promo on Allure at Easter, and had a wonderful lunch at Giovanni's. We were able to trade a red for a white at dinner in the MDR, thanks to the Head Waiter.
The OP is in a BW balcony. Jr's is the only option.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

My wife a I are in the same situation. Honestly, we don't want the bottle of wine either. Can I give the soda packages to someone? They use a certain cup, right? Is it coded to our cabin or seapass card, or can I just find a family who will use it, and just give them the cups?

Unless my wife wants to sell them. Pssst... want a good deal on two soda packages?

My wife a I are in the same situation. Honestly, we don't want the bottle of wine either. Can I give the soda packages to someone? They use a certain cup, right? Is it coded to our cabin or seapass card, or can I just find a family who will use it, and just give them the cups?

Unless my wife wants to sell them. Pssst... want a good deal on two soda packages?

The cups are used at the Freestyle machines, but the soda package itself (for getting sodas at bars/MDR) is coded to your seapass card. So you can give away the Freestyle cups but they could only use the Freestyle machines.

You can give the cup to anyone, and they should have no problem with the soda machines, However, if they try to get a soda at a bar or restaurant, they may get asked for their SeaPass card.

Yeah sharing a package is so cool! :cool:(y)

You can also ask someone with a DX to sell you his soda cup... what a deal!:confused:

Yeah sharing a package is so cool! :cool:(y)

You can also ask someone with a DX to sell you his soda cup... what a deal!:confused:

Evidently you and I define sharing a package differently. To me, sharing a package is two people using a package intended for one person. The OP stated they do not drink soda and would it be using their sofa package at all. Thus, if the OP exchanges his cup for wine (a freebie given to a teetotaler in this example), there is still only one person is using the free soda package, just as intended. To me this s a trade, not a share.

Sharing a Dx package is a completely different matter.

But if you feel better, we could explicitly tell the OP how unethical it would be if he trades away his soda package to then use the logo on his sea pass card to begin drinking soda, a beverage he dislikes, in bars/lounges. I bet the OP can manage to refrain from the soda habit for yet another week of his life.

One note to the OP: the freestyle machines do have a number of beverage options, including non-carbonated options. If you keep your freestyle cups, take a look at the machines; maybe there will be some beverage on the list that might strike your fancy even though soda typically does not.