1A Porthole cabins on Vista - Anyone stayed in these cabins on deck 1 or deck 2 ?

INCHARGE

I’m not finding any reports or pictures on these 1A Porthole cabins on the Vista. On other ships, the cabins have a sofa bed. However, on the Vista it looks like they have changed them to now have the bunk bed above. I don’t think I could have my niece above my head like that. Does anyone have any confirmation that this is the case? I can not find real pictures or videos on utube. Does anyone have any news about these cabins? Please and Thank You.

I’m not finding any reports or pictures on these 1A Porthole cabins on the Vista. On other ships, the cabins have a sofa bed. However, on the Vista it looks like they have changed them to now have the bunk bed above. I don’t think I could have my niece above my head like that. Does anyone have any confirmation that this is the case? I can not find real pictures or videos on utube. Does anyone have any news about these cabins? Please and Thank You.

When on the Carnival site check the deck plans for the Vista. I just looked and clicked on Cabin 2216. It brings up a window with information about that cabin. Click on the details and it shows that cabin has a twin bed and a single sofa bed.

You could also check this site and click on the deck you are looking at and find the cabin number and it will give you a description of that cabin and the bed configurations:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3181

Check out cruise deck plans dot com. Lots of pictures and room floor plans some with links to YouTube. You need to be a member to get the best access to pictures, cost is about $8. I joined several years ago and only paid that once not yearly. Love their site!

I was on the VISTA last November, I was in cabin 1201 starboard side deck one. Nice cabin. Had a twin and a sofa bed.. Good for two people. There was no bunk bed in the cabin. It was a 11 day cruise and every port the ship visited it docked on the port side. Docking in Miami it was starboard, and my cabin was above the thrusters. They're loud. No need for an alarm clock that day. Just to let you know, my porthole cabin was above the thrusters.

I've stayed in those porthole cabins in the bow a couple of times, and they're O.K., except that they are NOISY! As noted, the thrusters make a lot of noise. When going into a port where they drop the anchor, it's VERY noisy in those cabins, and when underway the waves hitting the bow can raise you right out of the bed! I usually opt for a cabin mid ship, or even in the stern because of that.

"SKY"

• 5 months later...
Thank You everyone. I have 1205, so it was good to hear your reports. I have heard the noise before, so I’ll be ok as long as I’m aware of it.

Did you take any pictures of 1205 on Vista ? What were the bed arrangements ?

Deck plan shows 1201 is portholes with twin bed and single sofa bed

Deck plan shows 1205 is portholes with upper/lower

https://help.goccl.com/ci/fattach/get/1807828/1502482473/redirect/1/filename/Vista_Deck_Plan_PDF%20(1).pdf

Also so does goccl descriptions https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1589

I've also googled and can only find one picture of this cabin. Assuming it is the correct cabin and not labelled wrong or something like that, it's showing two beds on the floor. They're made up as beds, you can't tell from the pic if one is twin and one is sofa bed. But they certainly aren't upper/lower.

https://***************/photo/579120

• 1 month later...
Check out cruise deck plans dot com. Lots of pictures and room floor plans some with links to YouTube. You need to be a member to get the best access to pictures, cost is about $8. I joined several years ago and only paid that once not yearly. Love their site!

OOOH! That's very useful information to know.THANK YOU! There have been many times when looking on cruisedeckplans that I've been interested in more pictures, but as a mere visitor, couldn't access them. I do have a Prepaid credit card for online purchases, so I must load it on Thursday-and join up.

Needing a Handicapped stateroom, it's quite challenging, and when it's a ship I don't know, it would be reassuring to actually SEE a photo, rather than rely on a verbal description, even though it's always very good, I prefer seeing for myself, and making the decision personally. I know what I can manage, and where I must behave myself.

Have learnt SUCH a lot here on the Carnival board. I have the option of cruising out of Melbourne or Sydney, so either the Spirit or the Legend at present. The Splendour also looks really interesting. As far as I can tell, there is a covered indoor pool with a handrail going down steps, I think in the Spa IIRC. That would be ideal for me, and I don't mind paying a daily fee for safe, indoor access-very fair skinned so I get sunburnt very easily, and a relative has had many battles with skin cancers, so I'm pro-active.

Edited by crochetcruise
Poor spelling, I missed an essential letter.

• 3 months later...

I just got off the Vista July 28 and we booked a PT cabin for the first time. The cabin was 2220 and was just a big as our OV. It has a king bead and sofa as well as other equal amenities. Now there were some cons. Occasionally you can see a wave or water fly up by the window which can put some on alert. You do hear the noise from docking just like in a aft cabin. We also heard the tender boats in Cayman Island come in and leave. So if you are a light sleeper (I am) who does not get up early on vacation, this may not be the cabin for you. We saved about 250 at the time of booking VS our normal OV or OV deluxe.