Do you book using your full name

Tikka234

Hi have just noticed on our bookings some print saying make sure your name is on cruise booking as on passport your full name. I haven't put our middle names down .

I don't when I book flights either.

Don't think I did on our last cruise but can't remember for sure.

Do I need to ?

Thanks

I have three first names (blame my Dad) and I put all three down which goes onto their computer system but only my first and surname goes on my Cruise personaliser. The first time it happened I asked them and they said no worries as long as your name on your passport matches the name on our systems. To be honest I think it makes little difference but I prefer to put all three then I can't be blamed if anything goes wrong at check in and it never has.

I have three first names (blame my Dad) and I put all three down which goes onto their computer system but only my first and surname goes on my Cruise personaliser. The first time it happened I asked them and they said no worries as long as your name on your passport matches the name on our systems. To be honest I think it makes little difference but I prefer to put all three then I can't be blamed if anything goes wrong at check in and it never has.

I always put down both my first names. As you say, it probably doesn't make any difference, but I'd rather not take the small risk of finding out the hard way that that assumption was wrong.

For a fly cruise your details need to match your passport and we were told it is important to include all names.

The full name doesnt appear on the booking details on cruise personaliser and I queried it once but they said that was normal but full details needed to be put in the passport info section.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Don’t know whether it is relevant but my daughter is just renewing her passport. She has three first names and it appears she used just her first name and surname for her previous passport. However when renewing this time she gave all three first names and surname. They have sent her application back asking for proof of change of names from just the one name to all three! So to be on the safe side I think you are best matching everything up to your passport.

We book our tickets using our legal/passport names. People must wonder if we are criminals when we don’t respond to Barry & Cynthia. We’ve spent our entire lives as Mark & Cindy and don’t even recognize our legal names. This must be a problem for many others?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no requirement to specify and middle names on flight bookings. As long as the first name and surname matches those in a passport, then that is acceptable.

We do not add middle names to flight bookings we make for clients.