Our first cruise - Timings

jaypy

As this is our first cruise we are not sure of how thing work. Our TA has booked us for dinner every night at 5:30pm. I find this a little too early but she said that if we take the later time we will miss the shows. My question can anyone who has been on the Allure of the Seas tell me what time are the shows (and if there is more than one) so we can make an informed decision. I definitely prefer flexible dining time as we are not particular about who we sit with - meeting new people every night would be more fun, IMO :)

As this is our first cruise we are not sure of how thing work. Our TA has booked us for dinner every night at 5:30pm. I find this a little too early but she said that if we take the later time we will miss the shows. My question can anyone who has been on the Allure of the Seas tell me what time are the shows (and if there is more than one) so we can make an informed decision. I definitely prefer flexible dining time as we are not particular about who we sit with - meeting new people every night would be more fun, IMO :)

You are going to get a lot of answers that might conflict, but this is one thing I've seen vary from ship to ship. What ship and when are you cruising? (Some ships left you schedule many of the shows ahead of time and you can see for your self before cruise days. Others do not do this and they have begun not scheduling the same show twice on the same day.

You are going to get a lot of answers that might conflict, but this is one thing I've seen vary from ship to ship. What ship and when are you cruising? (Some ships left you schedule many of the shows ahead of time and you can see for your self before cruise days. Others do not do this and they have begun not scheduling the same show twice on the same day.

We are cruising on RC's Allure of the Seas - August 20-27. The TA has booked all the shows for us as I haven't a clue :(

We are cruising on RC's Allure of the Seas - August 20-27. The TA has booked all the shows for us as I haven't a clue :(

If you use the Cruise Planner on RC's website, you can see what show reservations have been made for you.

For us, 5:30 is way too early. We normally eat at home around 6:30/7, but on a cruise with prepared food available 24/7, that often fluctuates on the ship. Also if you are in port until 5 PM, you really have to be back on board by 3:30-4 in order to get cleaned up and ready for dinner. We'd rather stay at port as long as possible.

Generally we do My Time Dining, because we like the flexibility. If you prefer to sit with different people and meet new friends on the cruise, you may want to look at the 8:30 time. Likely 8:30 is full, but when you get on board go to the Maitre D' and ask to be switched to late dining. Usually the first night they will require you to keep the early dining, but if they can switch you, they will make it happen.

same here, we always do MTD. Then we can eat when we feel like it. We rarely make reservations, just go when we feel like it. We typically will look at the Compass in the morning or I have my show reservations made, and we go eat around that.

Some will disagree but being your first cruise and on the 2nd largest cruise ship in the world, I would go with the TA's recommendations. It will give you chance to get accustomed to how things work without scrambling around. The Oasis Class of which Allure is a member operates differently than other lines and ships. Some find it difficult the first time around trying to plan their day. Some actually hate having to plan so much.

Kind of late to change a next weekend cruise now.

Here is an April Eastern Allure schedule for shows

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494832

We like a show every day. This is what we would have reserved with a 6PM dining time

Day 1 OceanAria at 9

Day 2 Mama Mia at 9:30

Day 3 Love and Marriage 10:30 (you don't need to schedule this)

Day 4 Headliner Showtime at 8:45

Day 5 Ice Games at 9:30

Day 6 Blue Planet at 8:30 and Quest (you don't need to schedule this) at 10:30

Day 7 Comedy show at 10:30

Some will disagree but being your first cruise and on the 2nd largest cruise ship in the world, I would go with the TA's recommendations. It will give you chance to get accustomed to how things work without scrambling around. The Oasis Class of which Allure is a member operates differently than other lines and ships. Some find it difficult the first time around trying to plan their day. Some actually hate having to plan so much.

This is great advice!

I totally agree with this advice!! Go with the flow for your first cruise and let your TA handle things for you!!;) The shows are not to be missed!!:hearteyes: The Allure is a big beautiful gal so enjoy your relaxing vacation!:cool: