luminae on summit

laserboi

Reflection has a lot more suites. The size seemed plenty adequate to me; tables more widely spaced than Blu and MDR, not too noisy and never a wait for a table (unless we wanted to be in a particular waiter's section during prime dinner time).

how big is luminae? Looking online and it looks very small compared to reflection. Any pics?

We just left the Summit and ate in Luminae four nights out of seven. The Maitre'D is exceptional and goes out of his way to remember you. We never waited for a table anytime. We had no preference and that probably helped.

Luminae is a very exceptional restaurant!!

We were on a B2B2B on the Summit this fall. The Summit Luminae is roughly the same size as the Summit Blu. We only waited for a table for a few minutes once, and that is because we asked to have either Paolo or O'Neill as our head waiter. And we agree that Maggie is excellent.

We've had O'Neill as well--he's great! We're back on board in January and hope Laurence will be back as Maitre d'.

As for size, small is good. You do not want to be in a large dining room, they get too noisy. We never had to wait to get a table.

Agree with everyone else! We were always seated immediately. Typically we got a table by the windows which was very nice.

One thing we did notice was when one evening the sun was my eyes and the staff immediately lowered the curtain to keep the sun out of my eyes. A little later the blind went up...then it went down and up, then down again...we were told that the curtains in luminae are connected to the curtains in the MDR and the MDR staff kept raising the curtain. By that time, the sun was down enough that it was not a concern. Just seemed odd to us that when they constructed Luminae, they did not separate the controls for the window blinds.

As everyone has said, never a big problem. One time we did have to wait about 5 minutes but wasn't an issue. I tired to post a photo I have of Luminae but it wouldn't upload, but in my photo you can see seating for 58. I believe there are 35 suites on Summit so over 80% of suite guests (only assuming 2 per cabin) could come at the same time and still be seated. That's a pretty high ratio considering the different dining preferences each guest has.

On any given evening the suite guests might choose Specialty Dining over Luminae and in particular the premium suites get it for free. So Luminae is generally never near the suite capacity. We never waited for a table last month on Summit over a 2-week cruise.