Luggage Tag Holders

This part of my tradition now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is close to what I did. Except, I did use staples instead of tape for the last portion. That was the issue with why mine fell off. I won't expect the staples to hold it anymore.

My solution is:

1 Print out your luggage tag as normal - as many copies as you will require

2 Cut the side pieces off - so you end up with strips - A4 length

3 put the strips into a laminating pouch - or pouches if you have several - make sure there is about a cm or half an inch between each strip

4 laminate the strips

5 punch a hole in the top and bottom of each strip

6 Use a piece of string to attach each strip to the handle of your luggage - if you are flying before your cruise attach the pieces of string before you put the laminated strips with your paperwork

As long as you have a laminator or access to one at the office it takes moments and is super strong.

My solution is:

1 Print out your luggage tag as normal - as many copies as you will require

2 Cut the side pieces off - so you end up with strips - A4 length

3 put the strips into a laminating pouch - or pouches if you have several - make sure there is about a cm or half an inch between each strip

4 laminate the strips

5 punch a hole in the top and bottom of each strip

6 Use a piece of string to attach each strip to the handle of your luggage - if you are flying before your cruise attach the pieces of string before you put the laminated strips with your paperwork

As long as you have a laminator or access to one at the office it takes moments and is super strong.

I have used clear wide packing tape on both sides and that is as good as laminating.

My solution is: 1 Print out your luggage tag as normal - as many copies as you will require 2 Cut the side pieces off - so you end up with strips - A4 length 3 put the strips into a laminating pouch - or pouches if you have several - make sure there is about a cm or half an inch between each strip 4 laminate the strips 5 punch a hole in the top and bottom of each strip 6 Use a piece of string to attach each strip to the handle of your luggage - if you are flying before your cruise attach the pieces of string before you put the laminated strips with your paperwork As long as you have a laminator or access to one at the office it takes moments and is super strong.

I have used clear wide packing tape on both sides and that is as good as laminating.

If we are flying we don't attach our tags until we pick up our bags at the airport (or before we leave hotel). No need to advertise our plans or confuse the airline luggage tags. Before we had the luggage tag holders, we would cover the tags with clear packing tape. Also always 2 tags to a bag.

We bought these, too. It came off at the airport or on the airplane on our trip home. Had it screwed pretty tight so I feel like someone had to take it off. I do like them, though.

I had the same problem recently: a luggage tag I bought at Amazon with a metal cable that was screwed tight disappeared from my luggage in transit (I was using the tag on an airplane). I think people take them because they're so nice.

Yeah, a lot of great info. Until our first bag had a ripped tag and didn't make it to our room I never even thought about holders or doing anything to protect the luggage tag. We've never had an issue with the sticky tags airlines give you getting ripped off, so never even thought about it.

If we are flying we don't attach our tags until we pick up our bags at the airport (or before we leave hotel). No need to advertise our plans or confuse the airline luggage tags. Before we had the luggage tag holders, we would cover the tags with clear packing tape. Also always 2 tags to a bag.

Exactly this ^

I love using the Amazon tags, which double as disembarkation sleeves for our number tags. Easy to fold and slip inside. Have reused them over and over again for years.

I dislike the metal ties/rings as they indeed will come apart. I use those inexpensive and very durable plastic zip ties. Easy to cut off with nail clippers, etc. when I need to take them off.

And also a fan of the "double tag" system. One on the top, one on the side.

I dislike the metal ties/rings as they indeed will come apart. I use those inexpensive and very durable plastic zip ties. Easy to cut off with nail clippers, etc. when I need to take them off.

We also use zip ties, they never come undone. We also use them to lock the suite cases & bring extras for the return home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have luggage tags with the steel loops and I discovered that they can become loose or undone in route. I now put a piece of scotch tape around the screw.

Shak

Good idea! What do you think about a drop of glue?

Of course I could always go back to my cable ties...they never came off!

Good idea! What do you think about a drop of glue?

Of course I could always go back to my cable ties...they never came off!

Glue would work too. I remember someone once said they used clear finger nail polish.

Remember if you are using the steel cables for your luggage tags for the cruise you need to be able to remove it easily once you get your luggage.

Shak

Sent from my iPad using Forums