New to RCI- drink package pricing question

Hello! We just booked our first cruise on RC in December. Looking at the deluxe drink packages, they are currently on sale for buy one, get one 50% off (or 25% off each). With gratuity, $887 for 8 day cruise.

Question is, does it get any cheaper than that? Should I go ahead and purchase it or hold off? If I do purchase it now and the price drops, can I cancel and buy it at the new lower price?

Thanks in advance

The percentages off aren't really helpful, price per day is how you know if it's a deal or not.

From my experience it seems to regularly go on sale to 45. I've seen people post recently about 42, but I haven't seen that for my Dec cruise. Several have mentioned black Friday is a good sale.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

However, if you use any of the OBC (on-board credit) that RCI may have given you to buy the package, you will lose that OBC when you cancel and re-purchase.:confused:

That is not correct, if you cancel and repurchase, they refund the OBC that had been used.

It really depends on the cruise. We've had some cruises get as low as $42 per day, some that never dropped below $45 per day, and one that never dropped below $47 per day. Yours is $47 per day, so on the high end for some of our cruises, but also the lowest price we ever saw on another of our cruises.

I would suggest buying if you have the funds, and then just cancel and rebook if it goes lower. Otherwise it might go up to $50 per day and not come back down to $47 again

It's a lot cheaper if you skip buying the package all together.

Not sure that is real helpful there.

Op - the price per day is what really matters. $50 is kind of the going rate for pre-purchase without extra discounts. You will likely see "sales" where it may still be $50 a day, or it may go as low as $42. It really depends on the ship, sailing date and how many other people are purchasing packages. It is about supply and demand. They want a certain amount sold at certain points pre-cruise.

You can always cancel and rebook if it goes down, but if you see a price (especially under $50) and it makes sense financially to you, I would book then, and not wait. We saw $45 on our Allure cruise at spring break, and held off. It went up to $50, and then never got back down below $48. While $3/day is not a lot, it does add up.