Cunard Soda Package

CynthiaRI

I was wondering if anyone knew the cost of the soda package onboard. I know I've seen it on the website, but of course now can't find it. Trying to plan our budget. We're traveling with kids and trying to decide if we get them the package or not. I am fairly certain I'll be getting it. I can't live without soda! Thanks!

I was wondering about the soft drinks package. What is stopping you [other than honesty] form only buying one package and someone else in your party having that drink? Same for the coffee one, [which does not seem good value for money at all.]

I was wondering about the soft drinks package. What is stopping you [other than honesty] form only buying one package and someone else in your party having that drink? Same for the coffee one, [which does not seem good value for money at all.]
When you purchase the soft drink package (usually at one of the bars), they will place a little round colored sticker with a letter of the alphabet on the front of your key card and enter the information into the computer system. You must present your key card to the bartender or server when you order your soft drink just as you would for ordering an alcoholic drink or to purchase merchandise in the ship's stores. I believe your photo is on your key card.

Your photo isn't printed on your key card, and I've never seen it displayed at an onboard POS terminal when someone buys something. Obviously your photo is displayed on the computer when you board and get off the ship.

Fyi- on our last crossing we learned the Carinthia Lounge offered drinks in the largest glasses- the other venues offered drinks in smaller glasses (8 ounces)
I usually ask the bartender or server for a large glass and have never been refused in the Chart Room, Golden Lion, or Commodore Club on the QM2.

• 3 weeks later...

• I see “fountain drinks only”. Does this mean Coke is not available under the package? (Remaining questions may be cheerfully disregarded if I can’t have Coke!)
  • Does everyone in the cabin have to purchase the package?
  • Do you have to purchase the package for the entire voyage, or is it available beginning any time?
  • Are the charges added to your bill and then taken off, or are they never added?
  • Can the package be used in King’s Court?

Don’t think coke will be included, it’s Pepsi from the soda syphon.

Not everyone in the cabin needs the package

The package is available to purchase I think on the first three days or so and has to be purchased for the whole Voyage or leg of a Voyage.

Package can be used in the Kings Court.

I’ve never actually bought one so don’t know how the charges show sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is only for th e fountain drinks. It does not include fresh fruit juice.

It can be purchased by one person only in a cabin.

You could buy an occasional drink for someone else but only one at a time or it would be obvious.

It is only available in the bars or by a bar waiter in buffets.

It is only available to buy for the whole voyage and is taken off in one payment at beginning of voyage. You purchase it at a bar.

We usually both buy the soda card. It is very convenient. Most nights we go dancing in the QR. We typically drink ginger ale or club soda when we're dancing. Once the waiter knows you have the card, he just bring refills. You don't have to show the card each time.