Need hotel for pre-cruise nights in Barcelona

vnb2003

we will be in Barcelona for a couple of nights before our cruise. This will be our first time in Barcelona. We need inexpensive hotel somewhere probably between the center and the cruise port.

There are so many of you who have been in Barcelona.

I'm open for suggestion :)

Thank you very much.

we will be in Barcelona for a couple of nights before our cruise. This will be our first time in Barcelona. We need inexpensive hotel somewhere probably between the center and the cruise port.

There are so many of you who have been in Barcelona.

I'm open for suggestion :)

Thank you very much.

"inexpensive" is a word that needs "compared to what?" with it. For what it's worth, we are staying at Hotel Gaudi for 3 nights before we board. It fits the location perimeters you have set up. We're staying in a balcony room that can see the Columbus column. One of Gaudi's buildings is across the street and we will be able to have a fine few of all the different chimneys. About a block off of Las Ramblas. It's not a major American brand but it seems to have a style of it's own that attracted our attention. We'll know in 2 months if it's a good decision.

"inexpensive" is a word that needs "compared to what?" with it. For what it's worth, we are staying at Hotel Gaudi for 3 nights before we board. It fits the location perimeters you have set up. We're staying in a balcony room that can see the Columbus column. One of Gaudi's buildings is across the street and we will be able to have a fine few of all the different chimneys. About a block off of Las Ramblas. It's not a major American brand but it seems to have a style of it's own that attracted our attention. We'll know in 2 months if it's a good decision.

Thank you!! I believe I've seen this hotel on the list. I went through so many of them today that my head is spinning..lol I will definitely check this out. We will be there in June. I'll look for your reports :)

I was last in Barcelona for a week and stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Catedral. Little hotel on a side street around the corner from the Barcelona Cathedral (not the Sagrada Familia) location seemed perfect for walking to everything and was quiet in the back street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have spent pre and post time in Barcelona many times. Different hotel each time. Between online reviews and pricing, we just picked them. Once was right on Ramblas. That was a bit noisy from the street, but not bad.

All others were a block or two off Ramblas which is where I would suggest.

Hint: Write down the name and address of your hotel to give the cab driver at the airport. Many do not speak English well.

I have stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer twice. Great location, a half a block from Placa Catalunya. A taxi stand across the street, HOHO bus nearby and at the end of Las Ramblas. I alwayed book directly with the hotel using their web site.

I would call it middle price for Barcelona for a great location.

Lovely hotel with roof top bar and great front desk folks and service.

I have stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer twice. Great location, a half a block from Placa Catalunya. A taxi stand across the street, HOHO bus nearby and at the end of Las Ramblas. I alwayed book directly with the hotel using their web site.

I would call it middle price for Barcelona for a great location.

Lovely hotel with roof top bar and great front desk folks and service.

I have been to Barcelona several times, but not related to pre or post cruise stays. I stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer last September and agree with Azulann regarding perfect location, wonderful staff and lovely rooftop bar. On other occasions, I've stayed at the Hotel Yurbban Trafalgar and Hotel Duquesa de Cardona. The later would be closer to the pier, but for my taste and mid-range budget, I preferred the Hotel Pulitzer. Regardless, Barcelona is a wonderful city, so enjoy your visit.

I have been to Barcelona several times, but not related to pre or post cruise stays. I stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer last September and agree with Azulann regarding perfect location, wonderful staff and lovely rooftop bar. On other occasions, I've stayed at the Hotel Yurbban Trafalgar and Hotel Duquesa de Cardona. The later would be closer to the pier, but for my taste and mid-range budget, I preferred the Hotel Pulitzer. Regardless, Barcelona is a wonderful city, so enjoy your visit.

What did you think of Hotel Duquesa de Cordona?

We have reservations for the night before our cruise in April.

What did you think of Hotel Duquesa de Cordona?

We have reservations for the night before our cruise in April.

Twitchly,

I enjoyed both hotels, but preferred the Pulitzer due to it's more central location for sightseeing and price. Hotel Duquesa is a bit more upmarket than the Pulitzer, good location for short taxi to the port and beautiful rooftop bar/pool. If you need more information you may want to compare both hotels on Trip Expert:

https://www.tripexpert.com/barcelona/hotels/hotel-duquesa-de-cardona-vs-hotel-pulitzer

Enjoy your stay in Barcelona and your cruise!