Room Service

I haven't been on RCCL for a few years; so my perception by what is talked about here is that one cannot get food 24 hrs/day unless you want to order RS for $7.95? No food venues (that are included with the cruise fare) are open for late night or 24 hrs?

Safe sailing!

Cafe Promenade closes for like an hour during the night for cleaning so almost 24 hours.

I haven't been on RCCL for a few years; so my perception by what is talked about here is that one cannot get food 24 hrs/day unless you want to order RS for $7.95? No food venues (that are included with the cruise fare) are open for late night or 24 hrs?

Safe sailing!

On Freedom and Oasis class Sorrentos is open until 2 or 3 am, and cafe promenade (sandwiches, cookies, cake) is 24 hours.

The lack of a 24 hr food has not changed with the room service fee - it has been that way for a long time. Even 10+ years ago when they had the midnight buffet I don't think there were any 24 hr venues.

Can you customize room service orders? I remember being on Carnival and ordering a plain grilled cheese sandwich three separate times. Every time they added tomato, despite me specifically saying I don't want it. Who adds tomato to a grilled cheese?!? smh

I've heard you can order from the TV as well? Customized? (Adventure of the Seas btw)

We may order some room service. They have a cheesesteak on the menu, which is one of my favorite sandwiches, but they ruin it with peppers and onions. That's a steak bomb. Sigh.

Is the 18% for the total of your whole order? I’m trying to figure out how this works (new cruiser, leaving in 3 weeks for first cruise).

If I opted to order room service breakfast one morning for myself, hubby and our son and let’s say I wanted 3 orders of scrambled eggs, 3 orders of pancakes, 3 sides of bacon and 3 coffees would my total be $9.38 plus tip? If so, I don’t mind that at all! Sounds like a great way to enjoy our balcony one morning without getting up early and getting dressed to mingle for breakfast.

Is the 18% for the total of your whole order? I’m trying to figure out how this works (new cruiser, leaving in 3 weeks for first cruise).

If I opted to order room service breakfast one morning for myself, hubby and our son and let’s say I wanted 3 orders of scrambled eggs, 3 orders of pancakes, 3 sides of bacon and 3 coffees would my total be $9.38 plus tip? If so, I don’t mind that at all! Sounds like a great way to enjoy our balcony one morning without getting up early and getting dressed to mingle for breakfast.

The cost would be $7.95 plus 18%.

My husband and I enjoy ordering breakfast. The hot breakfast is no longer included and has the charge as well. I think its just the continental/cold breakfast items that are no charge.

I believe I saw somewhere Johnny Rockets also went up to 7.95. I just don't remember what is was on my last cruise in 2015.

Johnny Rockets was $9.95 on Majesty last week. :eek::eek::eek:

Johnny Rockets was $9.95 on Majesty last week. :eek::eek::eek:
JR's is absolutely not worth that. At least on Carnival they have Guys Burgers which are supposed to be really good and..FREE...Royal really needs to have a free walk up like Guys and ditch JR's all together. Buy if people are willing to pay for it they won't change it.

• 1 month later...

Is there a limit to the food in an order? We haven't ordered room service before due to the fee, but after reading this thread it has me considering it. My partner and I have one room, with our 2 daughters in an adjoining. Can I order food for 4 in one order to be delivered to 1 of our rooms without difficulty?

Is there a limit to the food in an order? We haven't ordered room service before due to the fee, but after reading this thread it has me considering it. My partner and I have one room, with our 2 daughters in an adjoining. Can I order food for 4 in one order to be delivered to 1 of our rooms without difficulty?
Order as much as you want. It's per order

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Just sad the way they are starting to up their pricing for every opportunity available. Cruising isn't what it use to be. We rarely order room service and now we surely will not.

True, but it also doesn’t cost nearly as much as it used to (current dollars as opposed to what it cost 20-30 years ago). Not much profit is made by just selling the cabins, they need to make money somewhere. I, for one, prefer paying for what I actually use. If I want room service, I have no problem paying for it. If I don’t want to pay for it, I can get off my butt and get something to eat.