Breeze and Magic swap

Mizzouaholic

Scenario 1

I have had a thought(uh oh scary I know). I think it would make sense for Carnival to make a change in some homeports for ships. After the Vista runs it's handful of cruises out of New York City she will most likely be headed to Miami. When she does that, what makes sense to me is for the Vista to basically take over the Breeze's iteneraries and then for the Breeze to head to Galveston to swap places with the Magic. The Magic has been in Galveston since coming over from Europe and for the growing cruise market in Galveston(evidence with Carnival sending a third ship...Freedom there) it would make a lot of sense in my mind for Galveston to get the Breeze and the folks in Miami would also have a fresh ship in the Magic.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

i wouldn't be surprised in the least. as evidenced by placement of their last two 'latest and greatest' ships (magic and breeze) in galveston and miami respectively, that they are giving priority to these two ports.

also, since galveston has 3 ships, it makes sense to have a 'latest greatest', a 'mid range' ship in the freedom, and an 'older' ship in triumph for the short runs.

Scenario 1

I have had a thought(uh oh scary I know). I think it would make sense for Carnival to make a change in some homeports for ships. After the Vista runs it's handful of cruises out of New York City she will most likely be headed to Miami. When she does that, what makes sense to me is for the Vista to basically take over the Breeze's iteneraries and then for the Breeze to head to Galveston to swap places with the Magic. The Magic has been in Galveston since coming over from Europe and for the growing cruise market in Galveston(evidence with Carnival sending a third ship...Freedom there) it would make a lot of sense in my mind for Galveston to get the Breeze and the folks in Miami would also have a fresh ship in the Magic.

That's an interesting thought. I was talking to my brother about where the Vista may end up. My guess is Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami. And since Galveston is getting the Freedom, it doesn't appear to me that they would be making another change at that port so soon. I can't wait to find out. :D

Dee

Edited by deetrayn

That's an interesting thought. I was talking to my brother about where the Vista may end up. My guess is Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami. And since Galveston is getting the Freedom, it doesn't appear to me that they would be making another change at that port so soon. I can't wait to find out. :D

Dee

My guess for the Vista is Galveston, if not there, then New Orleans. Logic is pretty simple. Galveston command the highest prices per cabin out of any Carnival home port. Secondly, Texas has earned it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That would be a great idea! Breeze looks like it has a lot more than the Magic. I don't know when, or even IF the Magic will get the 2.0 upgrades. I've heard conflicting reports about the dry dock being cancelled.

they need to do a drydock by about 5 years out - for more than the cosmetic upgrades - for technical inspections, scraping and repainting the hull, etc. magic's inaugural was in 2011, so i'd suspect it's not far out. i would be very surprised if they didn't add the typical 2.0 upgrades like guys, etc.

Scenario 1

Where did you read that the Vista will be doing cruises out of New York? I just got off the Miracle and future cruise guy said there has been no release on were she will be sailing in the US. He will be on the Vista for its first sailings?

Where did you read that the Vista will be doing cruises out of New York? I just got off the Miracle and future cruise guy said there has been no release on were she will be sailing in the US. He will be on the Vista for its first sailings?

That's what the Carnival release said.

vista will definitely be doing a series of cruises from new york immediately following the transatlantic:

On October 21, 2016, Carnival Vista will embark on a special 13-day transatlantic crossing and arrive in New York November 3, 2016, then operate a series of voyages from the Big Apple. Carnival Vista’s European cruises are currently available for reservations. Additional information on the New York departures will be available next month. - See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/01/22/coming-in-2016-new-carnival-vista-to-connect-guests-to-the-sea-with-sweeping-ocean-views-at-every-turn-will-also-feature-high-altitude-sky-ride-and-worlds-first-imax-theatre-at-sea/#sthash.A0IArXC5.dpuf

the final home port has not, however, been released.

I would personally love to have the Breeze in Galveston, and would book immediately if it did. But yes, I'd be fine with switching the Breeze and the Magic so I didn't have to drive to Miami just to try out the Breeze.

I wouldn't mind getting the Vista either though ;)

My guess for the Vista is Galveston, if not there, then New Orleans. Logic is pretty simple. Galveston command the highest prices per cabin out of any Carnival home port. Secondly, Texas has earned it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would love to have the Vista. I really want to book a Havana Cabana :D

We have considered taking a long drive to try a new port, but unless we wanted a totally different set of places to travel (like where cruises out of Puerto Rico or Seattle go) I feel like we would rather just cruise from home...so yes, gimme the Vista!