Paradise post-dry dock aft balcony pix

FloriDan

I saw Paradise in port on my way to the office this morning and thought I'd drive down and see what the new aft balcony configuration looked like. I wasn't sure how they were going to add balcony cabins and I have to say I thought it was pretty cool. It looks like they just welded them to the existing hull, extending outward. I can't remember what the aft balconies looked like before, but it looks like the same treatment got extended all the way around

Sorry about the quality ... I was going to jump out of the car and shoot through the fence, but the security dudes were already giving me the side eye for stopping where I did.

Paradise_aft.jpg

Paradise_balconies.jpg

You can't remember what they looked like, because there weren't any. this is what she would ahve looked like before drydock...

After I saw your pic, I remembered seeing a pic of the Paradise in port on Google Street View. Here's a before/after with that shot and one I grabbed from the Carnival Miami Blog on Facebook.

ba.jpg

Nicely done. interesting that you get to do a drive by by the dock.

Yeah, I live in the 'burbs and drive into downtown to work on an elevated expressway. I can usually see if there are ships in dock from about 4.5 miles out. Then we can see all the happy cruisers on the ships departing the channel in the afternoons from my office. We had wanted to try a cruise before we moved to Tampa, but seeing the ships as much as I do really fueled that fire!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...