NCL Pride of America: 16 weeks pregnant?

IslandSpice7

Good evening,

There is a possibility of me going to Hawaii for my 30th birthday. I will be turning 30 on July 16th. I am also expecting and will be in my 2nd trimester by then. Is Zika a major issue in Hawaii?...I will talk to my OB about it as well to see what she recommends as well.

I had another question: how is the service/climate on POA? I have only been on the Sky last July & we loved our cruising experience.

My husband and I are calm, low-key travelers: interested in swimming at the beach, walking/sightseeing, & eating/maybe 1 excursion out of the entire trip.

Edited by IslandSpice7

Good evening,

There is a possibility of me going to Hawaii for my 30th birthday. I will be turning 30 on July 16th. I am also expecting and will be in my 2nd trimester by then. Is Zika a major issue in Aruba? I've been told it is a very dry island & not as humid as other islands...I will talk to my OB about it as well to see what she recommends as well.

I had another question: how is the service/climate on POA? I have only been on the Sky last July & we loved our cruising experience.

My husband and I are calm, low-key travelers: interested in swimming at the beach, walking/sightseeing, & eating/maybe 1 excursion out of the entire trip.

POA sails in Hawaii. Aruba is in the Caribbean. You need to clarify what you're asking.

Also you have to be less than 24 weeks buy the END of your cruise to sail. Ie if you enter your 24th week anytime during the cruise you can't sail.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

POA sails in Hawaii. Aruba is in the Caribbean. You need to clarify what you're asking.

Also you have to be less than 24 weeks buy the END of your cruise to sail. Ie if you enter your 24th week anytime during the cruise you can't sail.

Edit mistake. Have you been on POA NCL? If so, can you recommend it? Pros/Cons?

No. Was just trying to save confusion on what you were talking about. It's the one cruise ship that cruises Hawaii and doesn't have to have a lot of sea days to do it. From posters on here it's a very port intensive cruise.

It sounds like you and your husband might prefer a land based vacation, as the POA offers a cruise rather geared for doing lots of activities at each island all day every day. If you stay on land you will have more opportunity to relax and be low-key.

Good evening,

There is a possibility of me going to Hawaii for my 30th birthday. I will be turning 30 on July 16th. I am also expecting and will be in my 2nd trimester by then. Is Zika a major issue in Hawaii?...I will talk to my OB about it as well to see what she recommends as well.

I have not heard a lot about Zika in Hawaii. I sailed the POA last year and enjoyed it very much. As far as beaches, there are some beautiful beaches there. Highlights of the trip was the Haleakala at Sunset excursion and renting a car in Kauai and drviving Waimea Canyon. Halekala is 10,000 feet up. I don't know if that elevation is safe for the baby.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/world-map-areas-with-zika

CDC does not list Hawaii as being a risk for Zika exposure. I recall seeing on CC review of POA from a woman who was in her second trimester. I bet if you search the ncl board you’ll find it.

Happy 30th and congratulations on your little one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in Hawaii earlier this year and I think HI is thus far Zika free. I distinctly remember signs at the airports and the cruise port urging visitors to use appropriate bug repellent particularly if they have been in any areas affected by Zika to keep the HI mosquitoes Zika free.

It is a port intensive trip but depending upon what you want to do you can certainly have some laid back beach days there.

And I reckon that date (term-wise) will go down in the future due to legal concerns.