Norwegian GETAWAY CAN WE GO TO JB MARGARITAVILLE FOR DRINKS WITHOUT $15.95 UPCHARGE?

Daddyoo

I understand there is a upcharge of $15.95 for Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville on the GETAWAY. Where anyone can get food JB Margaritaville unique food. Apparently, Margaritaville has a bar with amazing restaurant specific specialty drinks. Can anyone go to the bar without paying the $15.95 upcharge? We have the UBP, I read that the drinks are included in this package at Margaritaville. Again, do not intent on eating there. So, i guess I want to know if I can simply walk up to the bar even though I am not dining there without the $15.95 upcharge? are the Drinks as good as made out to be?

I understand there is a upcharge of $15.95 for Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville on the GETAWAY. Where anyone can get food JB Margaritaville unique food. Apparently, Margaritaville has a bar with amazing restaurant specific specialty drinks. Can anyone go to the bar without paying the $15.95 upcharge? We have the UBP, I read that the drinks are included in this package at Margaritaville. Again, do not intent on eating there. So, i guess I want to know if I can simply walk up to the bar even though I am not dining there without the $15.95 upcharge? are the Drinks as good as made out to be?

Yes, no cover at the bar and if you have the beverage plan it is accepted. I recommend the Incomunicado.

Yes! We took full advantage of the bar at Margaritaville on our recent Getaway cruise. It is so close to Spice H20, so we laid out there, and would pop in to Margaritaville for our drinks! By the end of the cruise, we had tried every drink on the menu. Lol!

We hit the Margaritaville on the Escape last month....I tell you, I was not looking forward to the up charge, but after my wife and I went, I would do it again! We had the pretzels/nachos for apps, a couple of salads, the Volcano burger, and then Key Lime Pie for dessert. I was contemplating paying the up charge for just the pie after that. :) We only did one drink each while there, but the food was actually really darn good!

We hit the Margaritaville on the Escape last month....I tell you, I was not looking forward to the up charge, but after my wife and I went, I would do it again! We had the pretzels/nachos for apps, a couple of salads, the Volcano burger, and then Key Lime Pie for dessert. I was contemplating paying the up charge for just the pie after that. :) We only did one drink each while there, but the food was actually really darn good!

Good to hear! I think the day we are in Harvest Cay Belize we will enjoy the beach for a bit and then walk back on and do a late lunch at Margaritaville.:tropical-drink::beer-mug:

We hit the Margaritaville on the Escape last month....I tell you, I was not looking forward to the up charge, but after my wife and I went, I would do it again!

This was our experience as well! We had some extra OBC so decided to eat there after our day at Harvest Caye and we LOVED it. We ended back eating there again on our last sea day to try other items. It is a lot of food, so we felt like the charge was worth it.

Standard $15.95 plus 20% tip (for your convenience :) )

I’m sorry, I feel so dense asking this after you just answered, but I guess I am just used to Margaritaville on BA. You can’t just order individual items on Escape at all? I really just wanted to go there one day for the big ol’ pile of nachos lol. [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m sorry, I feel so dense asking this after you just answered, but I guess I am just used to Margaritaville on BA. You can’t just order individual items on Escape at all? I really just wanted to go there one day for the big ol’ pile of nachos lol. [emoji39]

Me too! Especially with the beverage package to eat them with a margarita. I read Jim Zimmerman's glowing review of the Bliss but one of the negatives was how expensive Margaritaville was for lunch. Now I know what he is talking about. $16.00 for a burger or fish and chips both of which you can get onboard. Strange

We’re in the Haven on our next cruise. Has anyone had their butler bring them Margaritaville? If so, did you just have to pay (1) $15.95 charge or multiple? I was thinking a few apps would be a nice afternoon snack on our deck. I’m willing to pay the cover charge once, but not multiple times!

Me too! Especially with the beverage package to eat them with a margarita. I read Jim Zimmerman's glowing review of the Bliss but one of the negatives was how expensive Margaritaville was for lunch. Now I know what he is talking about. $16.00 for a burger or fish and chips both of which you can get onboard. Strange

It really is strange. It was never very busy on BA in the first place because people were annoyed when they got rid of the complimentary burger place. I can’t imagine that charging a flat price when people might only want one or two items has really increased the popularity!

It really is strange. It was never very busy on BA in the first place because people were annoyed when they got rid of the complimentary burger place. I can’t imagine that charging a flat price when people might only want one or two items has really increased the popularity!

I'm with you. I just want to chill with that big pile of nachos. Memories of Cozumel and the Margaritaville there. They really hit the spot with a margarita!

Is the cover charge per guest or per table? I'm not inclined to pay nearly $40.00 for a burger for me and nachos for my husband!

I think its per person. You can use Margaritaville as one of the specialty dining options on the dining package.

Is the cover charge per guest or per table? I'm not inclined to pay nearly $40.00 for a burger for me and nachos for my husband!

This is exactly what my husband and I said earlier after I read about how Margaritaville works now. There’s no way either of us would eat enough there to make $20 each worth it. We would only have gone at lunch to get some nachos lol! I’d rather spend the money on Food Republic on Escape, which everyone says is awesome, and you can just order and pay for what you want.

FLcruisergrl I checked with Norwegian Customer Service and they stated as with all specialty dining, Cagney's, Le Bistro etc... Haven guest have to pay extra or use a dining credit. So, if you had your Butler get chips at Margaritaville you would have $15.95++ added to your room bill. Appears that any way Norwegian will nickel and dime all patrons equally any time they can... Even though Haven guests are paying minimum 3K+ more than the rest of the cruisers on the same ship. But Hey... What is another couple hundred bucks for daily fresh Margaritaville chips when you just paid all that extra for the Haven? Plus you have them brought to you by your personal "Butler" I think that is priceless... If you let me in the Haven area I will bring you chips daily for free!

I've read reports that Haven guests get Margaritaville for free on embarkation day for lunch.

It was on Escape a few weeks back on the first day for lunch. Packed the first day by I'm guessing Haven folks. Other days not at all.

I will say the nachos are a bit over-rated. They look nice but not really much meat on them. We have better here at local place. It is mostly presentation.

OTOH - the burgers were FABULOUS. Beef tasted very fresh as did buns. Good size and hot fries. One of the best burgers I've ever had and a close second to my favorite burger place across the US.

This thread has convinced me that Margaritaville has a $15.95 cover charge not only as a revenue source, but for crowd control. Paying a little extra one or two days for a great burger in a place I know I can get a seat because many refuse to pay is a no-brainer for us. It actually sounds more appealing to me with the cover than without.

This thread has convinced me that Margaritaville has a $15.95 cover charge not only as a revenue source, but for crowd control. Paying a little extra one or two days for a great burger in a place I know I can get a seat because many refuse to pay is a no-brainer for us. It actually sounds more appealing to me with the cover than without.

I totally agree! We always set aside money to eat at a few of the up charge spots on the ship and you get an appetizer , main course and dessert! We will definitely check it out in January!

Plus our TA got our group the drink package, gratuities on the drinks and then service gratuities as a perk when we booked. Plus we got a $50 OBC! So we can splurge a little!

FLcruisergrl I checked with Norwegian Customer Service and they stated as with all specialty dining, Cagney's, Le Bistro etc... Haven guest have to pay extra or use a dining credit. So, if you had your Butler get chips at Margaritaville you would have $15.95++ added to your room bill. Appears that any way Norwegian will nickel and dime all patrons equally any time they can... Even though Haven guests are paying minimum 3K+ more than the rest of the cruisers on the same ship. But Hey... What is another couple hundred bucks for daily fresh Margaritaville chips when you just paid all that extra for the Haven? Plus you have them brought to you by your personal "Butler" I think that is priceless... If you let me in the Haven area I will bring you chips daily for free!

Thanks! I actually don’t mine paying $16 for a couple apps if my butler can deliver them! A big ole plate of nachos on my big ole deck in the Caribbean does sound priceless!