Voyager of the Seas - Any "Secrets" to share?

cc cruiser

We are only a month away from our first trip on the Voyager. Past cruisers, do you have any tips for us? Anything we shouldn't miss? Best seating for shows? Best place to read? Best pools? Out of the way quiet zones? Any ideas to make our cruise more enjoyable would be appreciated!

I would be interested in the same kind of things....like to find a quiet place on a top deck to meet at night, relax and watch the stars go by with friends. I did read that when you board after being on an island...pass the first set of elevators and there is a second set no one goes to...they said it looks like you are going into crew area but your not. I hope that is true so we can avoid lines. If you find anything on your cruise please post because mine is after yours :)

All good tips :)...I will have to send hubby into see the urinal. Then I will ask for a trip report. haha Ok maybe if it is a late night and I have had a few pretty drinks I will dash in and check it out ;)

A lot of women have their husband go inside to see if anyone is in the men's room. If no one is inside they go in to look around while their husband stands guard outside.

Don't miss the ice skating show - it is great. Don't know if Derek Lewis will be on your sailing, but if he is spend some time at the Adult Day Care at Night in the Pig and Whistle. We can't wait to get back to see our favorite bartenders Keith and Carlos. And those coconut cookies at the Promonade Cafe are addictive.

Don't miss the ice skating show - it is great. Don't know if Derek Lewis will be on your sailing, but if he is spend some time at the Adult Day Care at Night in the Pig and Whistle. We can't wait to get back to see our favorite bartenders Keith and Carlos. And those coconut cookies at the Promonade Cafe are addictive.

Having never been on a Mega Ship, I have a question about the ice show. Do you have to buy tickets for this? Where is the best seating for the show.

And... "Adult Day Care...." please tell me this is a comedian's show. i don't want my husband getting any ideas!

Having never been on a Mega Ship, I have a question about the ice show. Do you have to buy tickets for this? Where is the best seating for the show.

And... "Adult Day Care...." please tell me this is a comedian's show. i don't want my husband getting any ideas!

Ice show does not cost extra. Seating is on three sides of ice rink so just arrive early to get front and center seating.

The Pig and Whistle is the pub on the Royal Promenade, a very public venue if that helps, so it's some type of entertainment.

I did read that when you board after being on an island...pass the first set of elevators and there is a second set no one goes to...they said it looks like you are going into crew area but your not. I hope that is true so we can avoid lines. If you find anything on your cruise please post because mine is after yours :)

I think that was me that offered that advice. If it wasn't, it is good advice.

Tucker in Texas

No secrets, but have a question if you don't mind to share - what day is the quest on the voyager? Also, what day is lobster night? Also, what day is formal night? Thanks :)

On the Western Mediterrean, the formal nights are the 2nd night, which is the "at Sea" day, and the Villefrance night (the 6th night)

HHhmmmm, where to start?

Well the adults only pool/hot tub is nice to relax, but you will still get kids walking by. Valentine from the Ukraine was my favorite bar tender. He speaks excellant Englsih, but speak some Russian to him if you can. (Trust me ;-) ) He was always at the pool side bar. Gio was awesome as an assistant CD, very funny during bingo. The cigar lounge is a great place to relax after dinner.

DO NOT go on the pizza tasting tour. It is 3 hours of visiting various churches and 30 minutes of eating a plain cheese pizza!

• 1 year later...

What about dancing before and after dinner......Does anyone know what dance band is on the Voyager?

On the Mariner "Around the Horn' trip there was a group called Jerzees (or something like that). I am hoping that maybe they have moed to the Voyager.

We have sailed the Voyager 4 times, last spring it was a cruise from hell, there were black particles coming out of our AC duct which never did get fixed. We were treated rudely by the customer service people who made no attempt to get us into a suitable room for the second part of our back to back cruise so rather than being exposed to breathing unhealthy air in our stateroom, we left the ship. We were rudely told that we were leaving the ship of our own accord and that there would be no refund for the second cruise. We had to go all the way up the corporate ladder but we finally did get credit for a future cruise (which we have already used). This was the worst cruise we have ever been on and we will NEVER sail the Voyager again, which is a shame because we liked sailing out of Galveston. The previous year, we sailed a back to back out of Galveston on her and we thought the crew was unfriendly and unhelpful but we attributed that to the cruises being during spring break, which is really hectic but now I don't think so.

Archived