Concierge on Summit

Slyfox16

Sorry, but no. Concierge on Summit is really not much of anything. We've stayed in Concierge class many times because we like the location, but never saw a concierge or even told one existed. It's not like the butler service you receive in suites.

We were on the Summit in early July.

There was a gentleman who had the position of Conceierge.

I do not recall his name.

He introduced himself to passengers at the priority check-in and said he would assist with any requests or issues during the cruise.

His office was on deck 8 midship,near the conceierge cabins on that deck. I noticed he had certain hours at this desk. I also noticed,at times, passengers speaking with him during thes hours.

He was present at the heliport sail away event leaving Bermuda that we attended. An invitation to these events are extended to Conceierge passengers and others.

Usually, in the early evening, there would be a voice mail message on the phone from this gentleman, hoping that it had been a good day and mentioning events for the evening or the next day.

I do not think there is the possibility of contacting the Conceierge before boarding for Conceierge guests,as I was not aware of this on this past cruise.

I do know that Aqua Class passengers are contacted by someone from a Conceierge or Guest Services team shortly after booking this class of cabins. This communication most likely also applies to passengers booking Suite accommodations.

We were on the Summit in early July.

There was a gentleman who had the position of Conceierge.

I do not recall his name.

He introduced himself to passengers at the priority check-in and said he would assist with any requests or issues during the cruise.

His office was on deck 8 midship,near the conceierge cabins on that deck. I noticed he had certain hours at this desk. I also noticed,at times, passengers speaking with him during thes hours.

He was present at the heliport sail away event leaving Bermuda that we attended. An invitation to these events are extended to Conceierge passengers and others.

Usually, in the early evening, there would be a voice mail message on the phone from this gentleman, hoping that it had been a good day and mentioning events for the evening or the next day.

I do not think there is the possibility of contacting the Conceierge before boarding for Conceierge guests,as I was not aware of this on this past cruise.

I do know that Aqua Class passengers are contacted by someone from a Conceierge or Guest Services team shortly after booking this class of cabins. This communication most likely also applies to passengers booking Suite accommodations.

I do not believe that Aqua class passengers are contacted prior to a cruise by any concierge. Passengers traveling in Royal suites and higher are the ones who get a call from a shoreside concierge to arrange anything from dining reservations to excursions to special requests. On occasion Celebrity suites are afforded this service and rarely for a Sky Suite. Each ship has a dedicated shoreside concierge specifically for this service. Once onboard all suite passengers have access to the concierge in Michaels Club.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aqua Class passengers are not contacted by anyone pre cruise; except for the marketing emails. As mentioned, guests in the high end suites are (Celebrity Suites and above) are contacted by a shoreside Conceigre shortly before their sailing.

I do not believe that Aqua class passengers are contacted prior to a cruise by any concierge. Passengers traveling in Royal suites and higher are the ones who get a call from a shoreside concierge to arrange anything from dining reservations to excursions to special requests. On occasion Celebrity suites are afforded this service and rarely for a Sky Suite. Each ship has a dedicated shoreside concierge specifically for this service. Once onboard all suite passengers have access to the concierge in Michaels Club.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That may explain it. We are in a Celebrity suite leaving in 8 days and have not received any communication from the concierge. Last year we stayed in the same suite and received an email and phone call from the on-shore concierge 2 weeks before sailing. I called Celebrity today and was told we should have been contacted by now but no one was assigned to us. We don't need anything but thought it was odd not to hear from them yet. I wonder what determines whether Celebrity suites are contacted?

If you are in a concierge cabin, does the Summit have a dedicated concierge and can you contact them before the cruise?

We have done Concierge several times and each time we ask ourselves why. To be honest we haven't found the up charge worth the extra. We are totally happy in a standard stateroom. :)

I just checked the e mail I received from Celebrity after we booked Aqua Class for a 2019 cruise on the Summit.

It was from the PreCruise Concierge department.

The contact person is Brad Kristel.The e mail mentions the Concierge Team.

I spoke with the gentleman concerning a few questions I had about the booking.

He was helpful and told me to contact that department for any other issues regarding the booking and the cruise.

This was my recent experience with communication with any sort of Concierge Department on a Celebrity cruise.

As to the posts saying this service is not extended to Aqua Class, I have no prior knowledge of this service given to certain classes of bookings.

Perhaps it was a marketing e mail or I received it as a glitch in the computer system.

We have only needed to use the services of the concierge on a ship 3 times out of all our cruises. We were not staying in a concierge class cabin any of those times, but in each instance the concierge was very helpful.

The concept of a dedicated concierge for concierge class on Celebrity ships is something fairly recent, added to increase the appeal of concierge class.

So they added a concierge desk located close to the concierge class staterooms and increased contact between the concierge and concierge class passengers.

But concierge service is still available to everyone, not only passengers in concierge class.

On a recent cruise, we happened to get into a conversation with the concierge who was making special arrangements for a woman who wanted to leave the ship early and who was definitely not in a concierge class stateroom.

Edited by varoo