Problem at port in Tampa?

wrp96

Listening to a Tampa radio station now (isn't the internet great?) and they haven't said anything about any problems in the port area. :confused:

Thanks for looking.

Taxi driver said she picked up her first load fine, dropped them at the airport, and when she went back for more police were there blocking entry.

Also the police were telling people who tried to walk up to get back in a taxi and leave.

Wow, keep us posted. I live in New England, where we're all on edge this week! (Was on Boylston Street in Boston both Saturday and Sunday, but thankfully not on Monday.)

I hope it's not anything major. I guess unusually high caution is everywhere right now.

Most all major cities are on pins and needles right now and security is at an all time high. I hope it wasnt a "suspicious" package or some idiot that called in a thread.

The ONLY thing I can find about the Port of Tampa is that Carnival Ectasy had a temporary power outage last night while at sea but it safely back in port.

Found this http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2013/4/18/suspicious_package_f.html

Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office deputies are on scene at the Port of Tampa in reference to a suspicious package that has been located.

The package was located on the dock near the Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship.

At this time, Terminal 3 and the staff of the Cruise ship have been evacuated.

Trying to get to the port and they won't let us near. Something has happened. Told to go back to hotel. Police even blocking employees from entering.

we're still at hotel when we got the news. Just called RCCL EMERGENCY DAY OF SAILING NUMBER AT 1-800-256-6649 AND WAS INFORMED IT IS INDEED A BOMB THREAT AND THE POLICE ARE SWEEPING THE TERMINAL, NOT THE SHIP AND TO CALL BACK FOR UPDATES.

Most all major cities are on pins and needles right now and security is at an all time high. I hope it wasnt a "suspicious" package or some idiot that called in a thread.

The ONLY thing I can find about the Port of Tampa is that Carnival Ectasy had a temporary power outage last night while at sea but it safely back in port.

Sorry for the post above, the Ecstacy is in Port Canaveral. Not Tampa.

Once, when embarking in Miami, a porter told us to drop our stuff and he would take care of it. We tipped him and got on the ship. We were summoned a little while later, to discover he had left half our bags lying on the sidewalk. :rolleyes: We're lucky the police didn't try to detonate them.

Abcactionnews has video on their wfts website showing the bomb squad checking out a pallet of boxes. Says a routine cargo screening by K-9 dog alerted personnel and a 2nd dog was brought in and also alerted.

Archived