Drinking Pkg Question

toddsmom

For drinks over $15 you pay the difference.

You can get two drinks at a time with one card.

Drink tastings, like martini tasting, aren't included under the UBP. I think maybe you get a 20% discount though.

Anything not included in UBP? Drinks over a certain price point or anything like that?

Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less, the Pride of America or Harvest Caye.

If have the UBP and your in a suite no 18% tip fee added $15 max on drinks, we mostly ordered doubles one of the stupidest thing is they charge for bottled water and if your coming back from a tour with water they make you pour it out, we just brought a couple of empty water bottles and refilled them in the buffet, never paid a dime for water nor will I!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have the UBP and your in a suite no 18% tip fee added $15 max on drinks.

One of the stupidest thing is they charge for bottled water!

One of the stupidest things is, NCL wanted to upsell us to a suite for an additional $2000.:eek:

We will be on the Star and got the UDP included - will 18% be added to drinks under $15 included in the package or does the UDP include service charges?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No service charges are paid on drinks under $15 when you get drinks onboard with the package, whether you purchased it or got it as a promo.

Depending on where you booked, you may have paid 18% on the value of the package when booking.

Edited by KeithJenner

Thanks posting a reply to my query - we got the UDP as a promo so I am pleased that it is all in

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not to be snarky but why is it so hard for someone just to look on NCL.com and find out the terms and conditions of the package.

It's right there for everyone to read. :confused:

Because of NCLs Mumbo Jumbo...

Some pax don't know the difference between a UDP and a UBP.

Not to be snarky but why is it so hard for someone just to look on NCL.com and find out the terms and conditions of the package. It's right there for everyone to read. :confused:

Some people aren't good with "legalese" to English translation....

Ultimate Beverage Package (Unlimited Open Bar):

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the Soda Package.

Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package ($14.22 USD per person, per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.35 USD per person, per day) prior to cruise, except when booking The Haven or a Suite.

Retail value of Ultimate Beverage Package is $79.00 USD per person, per day. Package price is subject to change.

Retail value of the Adult Soda Package is $7.50 USD per person, per day. Package price is subject to change.

18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package and/or Soda Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

When booking through the Australia office, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included.

When booking a Haven or Suite category, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included.

...plus, the terms don't really explain about drinks over $15 and the 18% added to the difference.

I have never cruised Norwegian, but I was looking at cruises for next fall and I saw a deal for $499 and you get $75 in OBC and a free UBP for two for the week. Does that not seem too good to be true? If the UBP is normally $79 per day that brings it to $560 total for the package. Am I missing something?

I have never cruised Norwegian, but I was looking at cruises for next fall

and I saw a deal for $499 and you get $75 in OBC and a free UBP for two for the week.

Does that not seem too good to be true?

If the UBP is normally $79 per day that brings it to $560 total for the package.

Am I missing something?

For our $499 Per Person- 10 day NCL Gem cruise,

the (drink tax)Choice Promotion Service Charge for drinks is $230.40

plus, an additional "Daily Service Charge" of $270.00

And if you want good service, you should expect to leave an additional "tip".

Edited by $hip$hape

I have never cruised Norwegian, but I was looking at cruises for next fall and I saw a deal for $499 and you get $75 in OBC and a free UBP for two for the week. Does that not seem too good to be true? If the UBP is normally $79 per day that brings it to $560 total for the package. Am I missing something?

Remember, you also have to pay the 18% on the package price ($99.54 per person).

Thanks for the heads up, this would be my first Norwegian cruise so I am trying to get all of my questions out of the way early.

Thanks!

Even though a lot of folks fuss about the 18% add-on, I think it is still a great deal. I drink moderately and get my money's worth. I have friends I go with who make out like a bandit. Morning, noon and night.

But the deal is attractive enough that this will be my 3rd NCL cruise in a row. It swayed me away from RCCL. The UDP is also a factor as I could eat in Cagneys every night.

Oh, and it is so nice to not have to sign a piece of paper for every darn drink!

One of the stupidest things is, NCL wanted to upsell us to a suite for an additional $2000.:eek:

On most cruises we have been on the suites sell out first, we can well afford them and book them if available we love the extra room and the perks that come with them the cheap rooms usually sell last, we booked a 31 days cruise on Princess last October for December of this year and there was only one suite left every other category was available and still are the suites are sold out!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I never knew you could get two drinks at the same time... That's interesting. On Royal even if there is more than a dribble in your glass the bar won't serve you another....

I never knew this either. I'll be ordering 2 drinks every time 🍹🍹😜