Family of 12 and requiring 3carseats needs to get from FLL to Port Everglades. HELP

newbycruzer

I say find a way to take your own seats ....

When my twins were younger we took their backless boosters by looping the arms through the straps of their backpacks (I considered that their "personal item" for the flights and no one at the airline said anything:D). That would solve the 5 year old. As for the little ones, you can buy wheeled trolleys that you attach the car seat to ... and put the kids in ... solving a whole lot of problems navigating the airport. That way you have your seats that you know are up to standards and clean.

car_seat_wheels.html

I've attached photos ... sorry, I don't know how to just insert a pic.

traveltrolley2.jpg.e777e36b807a6ee1df488f57ac50b0a9.jpg

20170513_000743.jpg.050d900605e9c833a26012869d9ce869.jpg

Thanks. Where did you get the wheeled trolleys? I'm from Canada as well.

Not who you asked.....but we have those as well... and have used them when taking carseats....got them on Amazon.

We are 9 adults with a 5 yr old and 20 month set of twins. Too many carseats to bring. Suggestions for affordable options?

If you find a solution let me know. We have the exact same problem. 8 adults 2 babies. We have heard of south florida shuttles but I haven't booked yet since our cruise isn't for quite a few months

Just remember that any seats you bring are going to have to be stored in your cabins, and probably of little use while in port because most transportation does in the Caribbean ports does not have anything to attached the seats to the vehicle. Your best choice seems to be to find transport that provides seats for the 10 minute drive to and from the airport.

Just remember that any seats you bring are going to have to be stored in your cabins, and probably of little use while in port because most transportation does in the Caribbean ports does not have anything to attached the seats to the vehicle. Your best choice seems to be to find transport that provides seats for the 10 minute drive to and from the airport.

I've cruised all over the Caribbean & Europe and any taxi or shuttle van that does not have working seat belts is one I skip - just grab the next one in line that does not have knotted or cut seat belts and tell the complaining driver to fix his vehicle. There's no reason to take a chance - we did not have seat belts when I was a kid and I have the scars to prove it.

Your cruise and your call.

I've cruised all over the Caribbean & Europe and any taxi or shuttle van that does not have working seat belts is one I skip - just grab the next one in line that does not have knotted or cut seat belts and tell the complaining driver to fix his vehicle. There's no reason to take a chance - we did not have seat belts when I was a kid and I have the scars to prove it.

Your cruise and your call.

There are providers, for example in Nassau, who provide proper car seats for free. Anyone who needs car seats should look in to private transportation at ports. I bet it's not hard to find a company that can provide the proper seating.

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2018 at 10:38 PM, nikkifriend said:

Love to know how this worked out for you newbycruzer. We have similar situation with 21 month old twins and needing carseats. 

Book private transportation or bring your seats.  When we traveled with car seats, I bought car seat bags on Amazon. It was easy and just not that big of a deal.

23 minutes ago, nikkifriend said:

Thank Cheezus.

I have since actually found a few more companies willing to provide car seats. Oddly enough I've also had a few say they are not actually required for commercial vehicles.

They are required in most commercial vehicles.  The exception being large busses over a certain weight I believe.  Though that's irrelevant, I wouldnt put my kids in a taxi without proper restraint! 

Larry's Limos and other private companies would probably be your best bet. Be sure to share your experience with us. 

I will check back in after the trip in Dec. 

I agree with you, I wouldn't put my kids in a taxi or any other car without a proper car seat!

For those interested check tripadvisor for "things to do" and check transportation (shuttles and taxis), most of those companies in top 10 provide car seats. Check for Miami and Ft. Lauderdale if you are looking. I just sent each an email or checked their FAQs.

FYI...using borrowed or rented car seats is pretty risky. You don’t know their history.  Plus are you going to take 10 minutes or more per car seat to adjust/ re route the straps as they should be? Or if parts are missing? Are they properly secured in the transportation you’re using?  I’d take my own as cumbersome as that can be.

We’ve used car seats in Cozumel and Jamaica.  Pre check with the excursion you’re taking or as someone else suggested wave the cab or mini bus on that doesn’t have seat belts. Safety doesn’t stop on vacation.