Honolulu hotels close to port

jsf

Nothing of note near the piers as it is near the downtown/business district. There is one downtown Honolulu hotel, but it is meant for business travel and the characters that come out at night may be a little sketchy. Downtown does have some great bars and small restaurants. Next closest hotel will be the Ala Moana Hotel that is connected to a large and updated shopping center. Short cab or Uber ride of maybe a mile. Just a little beyond Ala Moana is all of Waikiki and dozens of hotels to choose from. I think that Waikiki to the piers is only about 2-3 miles.

Taxi rides are not too expensive so choose your hotel for what you want from it not near pier location.

We spent a delightful week at the Park Shore, quiet end of the beach next to the zoo. Although low in stars it had great reviews on trip advisor. With its kitchenette, sea views and balcony we loved our two room suite which was cheaper than many standard hotel rooms. We woke each morning to the sound of waves and elephants tooting! Very easy to arrange tour pick ups and next to bus stops. Would highly recommend you look on trip advisor. No frills hotel but it had what was important to us.

Folks, there is a hotel in downtown Honolulu. It's about a 7 block walk from the port. It's called "Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel" at 1088 Bishop St, Honolulu, HI 96813. I've stayed there numerous times on business. It's located in the heart of downtown Honolulu, right on the island's main bus line; 5 blocks from Iolani Palace and the King Kamehameha statue; 5 blocks from Chinatown (opposite direction); and about 12 blocks from Foster Botanical Garden. Longs Drug Store is downstairs and Wal-Mart is a block away.

What they don't have is a beach. So it really depends on what type of an experience you're looking for.

I don't know how close to the pier it is, but I stayed at the Vive Hotel Waikiki. Good rate, no resort fee yet they had beach items for guests to use, free breakfast, only a couple blocks from the beach. I'd stay there again.

• 3 weeks later...

Waikiki isn't far from the cruise terminal, and has hotels in a wide variety of styles, comfort levels, fanciness levels, and price. My personal favorite is The Modern Honolulu. If you want something on the water, with the best pool in Waikiki, I recommend The Sheraton Waikiki.