Tracy Arm Fjord Catamaran Excursion on Explorer of the Seas

JNL Cruising

It is usually listed under Juneau excursions. Perhaps call?

Thanks. I read every single excursion offered online on Explorer but nothing was listed. I called RCL and the rep said if it is not online then they don’t offer it.

I just feel odd because it is kind of a must do for going into Tracy Arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have heard a lot of about catamaran excursion at Tracy Arm Fjord but was unable to find this excursion for our upcoming cruise on Explorer of Seas. Is there a reason?

Looking at the Itinerary for Explorer, it appears they are cruising Tracy Arm Fjord on the way back to Seattle and not on the same day they are in Juneau. The smaller boat trips are usually offered when cruising North and have a brief stop to transfer from the ship, then you meet up with the ship in Juneau later. Is it possible the excursion is not offered for this reason? It is also possible it is sold out, which happens often.

Looking at the Itinerary for Explorer, it appears they are cruising Tracy Arm Fjord on the way back to Seattle and not on the same day they are in Juneau. The smaller boat trips are usually offered when cruising North and have a brief stop to transfer from the ship, then you meet up with the ship in Juneau later. Is it possible the excursion is not offered for this reason? It is also possible it is sold out, which happens often.

Agreed. The logistics of the ship-offered tour are almost always dependent on the Juneau stop, as it decouples the timing of the small boat from the cruise ship, and that matters to the overall timetable and value proposition of the small boat tour.

If you have a long day with early morning in Juneau, you could take advantage of a round-trip TAF tour from Juneau, but that probably precludes any other excursions in Juneau.

Agreed. The logistics of the ship-offered tour are almost always dependent on the Juneau stop, as it decouples the timing of the small boat from the cruise ship, and that matters to the overall timetable and value proposition of the small boat tour.

If you have a long day with early morning in Juneau, you could take advantage of a round-trip TAF tour from Juneau, but that probably precludes any other excursions in Juneau.

No the "logistics" are not the issue Carnival has been running the add on Tracy Arm tour for years and has separate Tracy Arm and Juneau days. Benefit of this is a cheaper add on and they can offer 2 runs.

3fe20153fe984e147e0b4bb18ca9814c.jpg

Our itinerary shows that we will only be in Tracy Arm from 7am to 12 noon on our way back to Seattle.

If we take a local tour from Juneau to visit Tracy Arm then we might have to give up our visit Mendenhall Glacier.

I checked our roll call as well but it is pretty quiet so far.

Here is the link to all shore excursions that Royal offers for Juneau. Not all ships will have all of these excursions--Explorer might have some totally different from Radiance for example. But nowhere in the entire list of 45 excursions do I see the one you're asking about. I'm heading out on this week's Explorer sailing--and I never saw anything like it pop up in the planner either. So I think it must have been a private excursion people were talking about if they said they did it while on Explorer. You're probably right that you can't do both a private tour and the glacier. Tracy Arm is a bit of a haul from Juneau. Maybe a different cruise line offers this, but I've not seen it on Royal over the last year (while stalking excursion options for my trip). http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=JNU

I see you are going in August. You have a good chance to get pretty far, though not as close as the small boat excursion. Guess you have an excuse to do another cruise if you don't make it.

Thanks. That’s exactly what I am thinking! [emoji38]