Coffee card available

Was it one punch, even for the largest size?

No. 1 punch was for the small size 1 shot. Medium size was 2 shots / 2 punches - I don't know about the large size.

I suppose you might be able to request just 1 shot for the medium or large size but that might be kind of weak in the taste department.

No. 1 punch was for the small size 1 shot. Medium size was 2 shots / 2 punches - I don't know about the large size.

I suppose you might be able to request just 1 shot for the medium or large size but that might be kind of weak in the taste department.

Thank-you.

I don't drink coffee, but I do like espresso for the pick-me-up. Do they serve a shot of espresso as a tiny drink or is it one shot in a giant cup? I'm familiar with drinking it in very small china coffee cups (1-2 oz size), but dunkin donuts and starbucks near me put the shot in a regular size paper cup...Just not the same as the cute little cup!

I don't drink coffee, but I do like espresso for the pick-me-up. Do they serve a shot of espresso as a tiny drink or is it one shot in a giant cup? I'm familiar with drinking it in very small china coffee cups (1-2 oz size), but dunkin donuts and starbucks near me put the shot in a regular size paper cup...Just not the same as the cute little cup!

I don't know if it's the same on all ships, but we have gotten espresso from Cafe Promenade in small cups.

If this is anything other than 1 punch per drink it is incredibly misleading and it completely changes the value. Below is the text on the website right now. _any_ coffee. Size is not mentioned. If i want 15 iced coffees that should be completely with the rules but that's not what people have said here.

Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.

Specialty Coffees do not include any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores/cafes. Limited time offer. Prices subject to change without notice. 18% gratuity not included. You must present the coffee punch card to your server when ordering your coffee selection onboard. Card valid for this ship and sailing only

Because of all the different opinions/ situations that have occurred on this I am waiting until I am onboard to purchase. If they confirm I can get a drink with 2 shots then I will buy it, if not I will stick to regular coffee and not waste my money. I would advise others to do the same if they are worried about it. Multiple people have confirmed the price is the same for the card onboard.

Because of all the different opinions/ situations that have occurred on this I am waiting until I am onboard to purchase. If they confirm I can get a drink with 2 shots then I will buy it, if not I will stick to regular coffee and not waste my money. I would advise others to do the same if they are worried about it. Multiple people have confirmed the price is the same for the card onboard.

I agree. I bought the card on my TA last fall when the card was new. Any size drink was one punch. Now that people have had a different experience, I will ask before buying onboard this fall.

2 punches per beverage no longer makes it a good value.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone have the physical card? What does it say?

I'm not going to cancel my pre-order but i'm certainly going to cancel it onboard if they insist on counting 1 drink as 2.

The card doesn't specify any of this. If I were you, I would cancel the order and buy once you are on board and can verify that YOUR ship's terms are agreeable.

In June on Anthem it was small= 1 punch Medium =2 punches and large = 3 punches. The lady in front of me had a card and she was shocked. The poor guy said it had recently changed. He of course apologized. At 3 punches a drink it is cheaper to just buy the drink with no card.

IMO I would ask the people servicing you what thet charge for your drink before you purchase. Unless you like 1 shot and a small drink its not worth it.

On the Allure now. I was going to buy the card is you could use it on Frappuccinos, but cannot. They said that uses a powder mix and those are not included.

I asked whether any size coffee = 1 punch and the answer was Yes.

Seems to be a lot of inconsistency between ships (maybe even between personnel on ships). For example, when I asked the people at beverage package sales stations on embarkation day, they said Frappuccinos were included. When I asked them to double check they apologized and said they are not included.

In June on Anthem it was small= 1 punch Medium =2 punches and large = 3 punches. The lady in front of me had a card and she was shocked. The poor guy said it had recently changed. He of course apologized. At 3 punches a drink it is cheaper to just buy the drink with no card.

IMO I would ask the people servicing you what thet charge for your drink before you purchase. Unless you like 1 shot and a small drink its not worth it.

We are just off Serenade (9/24-10/1 New England/Canada) and this is exactly how it was. Unless you are getting the smallest size (Tall) every time, it is definitely more cost effective to purchase by the drink.

My advice is not to purchase ahead of time and talk to the workers at the café so they can tell you what YOUR drink will cost 1 or 2 or 3 punches.

I agree. End of last year, on the Jewel, it was one punch per drink. But that seems to now vary.

I would wait until boarding, which I plan to do in Nov.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

We had the card on the Liberty sailing last Sept. We bought it on board. DW and I both purchased café mochas and it was only one punch. We did not get expressos so not sure of those details. Sailing Navigator this coming March and will get the card again if offered.

Just off the Rhapsody. You could get any coffee any size with no charge for the flavour shots, etc. My wife and I each used 11 coffee and we each have 4 left which we were told could use on our next cruise. The cost is less than I would pay at my local coffee shop and its great value. Opened at 0630 hrs and a great selection of pastries, cakes and sandwiches which varied throughout the day.