Coffee card available

Hi,

Using this thread to ask about coffee.

1st time cruiser next year, my father in law is the main drinker - mainly espresso and black coffee.

Is there any place it is free or is there any package as I read here?

Thanks

Regular coffee is free at all food venues. Espresso drinks are extra cost.

Im sailing on Allure in August. Is this foe Starbucks too? I was going to get my kids a Starbucks gift card to throw in their Christmas Stockings and wonder if this is the same. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Im sailing on Allure in August. Is this foe Starbucks too? I was going to get my kids a Starbucks gift card to throw in their Christmas Stockings and wonder if this is the same. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am pretty sure it is not valid at the Starbuck's kiosk.

The RC coffee card does not work at the Starbucks on Oasis class ships. However, a Starbucks gift card will work at the Starbucks on Oasis class ships.

We got a coffee card while on the Liberty. In my opinion one of the best values you can buy on Royal Caribbean ships. Cool thing is that if you don't use all the "punches" it can be used on another sailing.

Online Beverages reservations for your sailing will be available up until 11-Dec-2017 11:59 PM EST. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make reservations onboard.

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

Prices subject to change without notice. Not all selections available on all sailings. Alternate selection of equal value may be substituted.

*Specialty Coffees do not include any beverages served inside licensed Starbucks® stores/cafes. Limited time offer. Prices subject to change without notice. 18% gratuity not included. You must present the coffee punch card to your server when ordering your coffee selection onboard. Card valid for this ship and sailing only © 2016 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Shops registered in the Bahamas. 15048006 • 9/21/2016

Just wanted to tell everyone asking about the coffee cards what my experience was. I purchased it for my husband for our Med cruise on the Brilliance back in May, 2017. I had the beverage package so didn't need the card. When I purchased it, the card specifically said 1 punch per drink. When we got on board they were punching based on espresso shots. That, obviously, is a completely different price point and eliminates any value from the card.

When I got off the ship I contacted customer service with my complaint about the inconsistency. I even had a screen capture of when I purchased it. I was refunded the entire price of the card.

This was back in May. I'm surprised that they still haven't gotten this issue straightened out. I'd suggest that no one buy the card in advance and check with the baristas before purchasing on your sailing.

I do think all of you folks that were charged per shot need to write and complain. The card still shows per drink on the web site, so take a screen capture and include it with your complaint. You'll at least get your money back and maybe if enough folks complain they'll finally get their act together on it.

Oh I understand. I just think it is ridiculous that she got charged more than she was supposed to. I am not sure why RCI cannot have everyone on the same page? Seriously... a memo should do it. LOL

Agree, but I'm not sure you are supposed to use it for future cruises. She's used this on at least 3 trips. Same with the cocktail punch card. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

So I paid 31.00 for a card. With18% it's about 36.50.

That averages put to 2.40 per punch.

If I buy a large Cafe Latte it's 4.25 and if I use a punch Card it's 4.80?

Srsly?

I'll complain pretty loudly.

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk