Carnival Magic Fog Delay 2/9/14

thecruiserofships

It looks like the Magic is docking late today because of fog. Here is an email that a family member received from Carnival.

February 9, 2014

Hi folks!

I'm sure you very are excited about your cruise today. So, we'd like to take a moment of your time to provide you some information regarding our embarkation plans.

The Galveston area is experiencing heavy fog this morning and the port is closed to all inbound and outbound traffic. While we are hopeful the fog will lift soon, at this time, we do not know when the port will re-open. Consequently, our arrival into Galveston today will be delayed.

Currently, we cannot provide you with an estimated arrival time for the Carnival Magic from her current voyage. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide you with an update on our embarkation plans no later than 11:00 AM. Due to limited seating and parking facilities, we ask that you not proceed to the terminal before you receive our update.

In the meantime, to stay in touch, if you haven't already done so, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates on our arrival into Galveston.

We're sorry Mother Nature is not cooperating with us and thank you for your understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard!

Sincerely,

Looks like people are still boarding. I was watching people get off shuttles with luggage. Lots of cars still streaming in.

Last I heard, people were still disembarking this ship :eek:. We are sailing next week, and we have someone on our roll call who is doing a B2B. She just posted on FB about 30 minutes ago, that they still hadn't started boarding :(.

My parents are sitting in the terminal too. It's their 50th anniversary. It's so sad that they haven't given any one food just water and coffee as of 45 minutes ago. I hear for different people that there is one line for customs. Can anyone else confirm that?

My parents are sitting in the terminal too. It's their 50th anniversary. It's so sad that they haven't given any one food just water and coffee as of 45 minutes ago. I hear for different people that there is one line for customs. Can anyone else confirm that?

Sorry to hear your parents are going thru this

outside with the ClusterF there will probably one line but once inside the doors

Than there is 2 lines for security

One to the right for Priority and one to the left for others

I think there is 5 or 6 metal detectors after that

Safety Briefing in 20 minutes now. Just called the crew to report to their stations.

Chuck, I'm sorry you got a really late start.

I don't think I would be awake for the safety briefing.......I hope the Carol, Julia and Vicki are hanging in there.......

And I hope y'all make Key West......that's the only reason to cruise that route.

We watched RC NoS and Magic finally arrive yesterday afternoon. Passengers waiting to board said NOS was leaving at 7pM and Magic At 9 Pm. Do not know if that really came about.

We're boarding Triumph today for our cruise but it is looking the same outside now at 5am as yesterday morning. Just have to wait for alerts to phone from Carnival.

On a good note, i was first in line to sign up for 1pm late check out, thanks to being an earlybird :)

Edited by BettyGiggles