Room Service tip

Bilu444

I have always tipped the person who delivers room service a few dollars. I board tomorrow and forgot to get singles. If I remember correctly, I have to sign a slip even though there's no charge. Can I add a few dollars tip to the slip to add it to my sail and sign of does it need to be cash?

On the Triumph last month they brought slips with room service and we were able to leave our tips on that and it was just charged to our sigh and sail. I just cleaned out my cruise bag to get it ready for the next cruise and one was in there.

Life is better aboard a ship.

I have always tipped the person who delivers room service a few dollars. I board tomorrow and forgot to get singles. If I remember correctly, I have to sign a slip even though there's no charge. Can I add a few dollars tip to the slip to add it to my sail and sign of does it need to be cash?

I just got off the Liberty on Sunday and every time I had room service, they had me sign a receipt for the food. I still tipped in cash, as I wanted to be sure the person that delivered, received the tip. If you put your tips on the receipts, whether it be for room service or bar tabs, the tips go into a pool and are split among all servers. I always tip in cash to make sure the person I was served by receives the tip. They really appreciate the cash tips.

Maybe varies by ship? Off Valor three weeks ago. No receipts.

Did have to sign breakfast order card when delivered, but no receipts for regular room service.

On the Pride two weeks ago, there were no slips for breakfast... it looked like the person who brought it had the form that was filled out, but we never checked or signed it. When I tipped them they seemed surprised by it.

On the Pride two weeks ago, there were no slips for breakfast... it looked like the person who brought it had the form that was filled out, but we never checked or signed it. When I tipped them they seemed surprised by it.

We always tip in cash. I don't know why they would seem surprised to be tipped. It says right in the Fun Times that a tip for room service is recommended and appreciated(or something like that).