Royal getting cheap

Yes, for years they served the cheap "la crap" bubbly at the captains reception.

We have not gone to that party in a long time, so not sure if they do any longer.

What we have noticed, however, is indeed the welcome back parties have

gone away, but on every ship so far.....the upper tier parties are still on.

Upper tier is pretty much anyone except Gold, since it is Platinum and

above. ;) And all of those had fruity drinks, and the bubbly.

Edited by island lady

On the Allure August 7, they had both the captains reception which served the champagne.

Also sail away was on the helipad for C & A members and they served it there too.

It was very windy, and were only able to be on deck about 10 min. after sail-a-way.

Enjoy, we did.

Also had a suite reception, but missed it.

later

Just had the Captain's reception on the Grandeur, and they were serving HUUUUUGE amounts of champagne.

;)

We were on Radiance last month and same thing-champagne floowwwwing at the Captain's reception. No return guest party-but my guess is that there are so many C&A members that that party could encompass most of the pax.

Does RCL double the cruise credits for solo traveler like Princess does?

Diana

Las Vegas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Double points only if booked as a Solo in a standard cabin

Single Point if booked in a Studio cabin. Not all ships have studio cabins.

Edited by xxoocruiser

According to the Op's signature it was the Freedom. I was on the Freedom last month and no invite to anything.

You didn't get invited to the Top Tier Event? When I did the Navigator

Transatlantic in May. I got invited to that, and I'm only Platinum.

I do use the flow rider and rock climbing wall, but it would be fine with me if RCL were to unbundle the pricing for them, so that you (and other non-users) would not have to pay for them. However, these are not consumables, so some passengers might find paying for champagne that they don't drink more objectionable than paying for a flow rider or rock climbing wall that they don't use. The logic is that the latter are capital expenditures needed to attract more passengers in order to achieve economies of scale and keep prices low for everyone.

This is not how fares/rates are set.... you aren't paying "extra" for the champagne that's going out, and your fare wouldn't go down if they stopped doing it.

According to the Op's signature it was the Freedom. I was on the Freedom last month and no invite to anything.

Ray, we just got off Freedom and had invitations to Top Tier and ability to sign up for Meal with an Officer and the other amenities like Bridge Tour. At the Top Tier I was able to order a Scotch on the Rocks. Lots of booze flowing!!! Top Tier was Platinum and above.

A while ago we did have it happen where we got no invites and realized it was because we had booked late, got a cabin that was a cancellation so only stuff for that couple was in our cabin. We also did a Next Cruise and low and behold it was also in their names on the paperwork!

Hope it is better next time!!!

:rolleyes:

Jeez, what's up with suggesting that the OP return to Carnival? He was simply stating a fact that's very true. He said he still likes Royal and it looks like he has sailed more on Royal than Carnival.

Thats why, and also his information was incorrect.....K.O.:rolleyes: Edited by Thetrail