Royal getting cheap

They no longer serve champagne at the captains reception. No party for past cruisers. I still like royal but they are charging more and offering less to guests

What ship was this on? Hope it doesn't go fleet wide, we really enjoy the welcome back party

Just had the Captain's reception on the Grandeur, and they were serving HUUUUUGE amounts of champagne.

;)

Guess you will have to return to carnival

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Guess you will have to return to carnival

:rolleyes:

Jeez, what's up with suggesting that the OP return to Carnival? He was simply stating a fact that's very true. He said he still likes Royal and it looks like he has sailed more on Royal than Carnival.

Good! I don't want to pay for other passengers' champagne.

I'm a bit confused, are you saying you have been charged to attend the captains reception in the past?

I was on the Oasis last week, and champagne was served at the Captain's reception, as it was on the Enchantment in mid-June. Now, I am not going to claim it was expensive champagne, but it was bubbly in champagne flutes. [emoji1].

And I was recently on the Adventure and never saw so much champagne being served in the Promenade during the Captains Welcome Aboard on night two....no cut back there.

Ok, I understand thank you. I thought maybe a Royal charge had sneaked in somewhere [emoji20]

I have to say I don't personally think the same way about flowriders and the rock climbing wall which I don't use but respect your view on this.

I have to say I don't personally think the same way about flowriders and the rock climbing wall which I don't use but respect your view on this.

I do use the flow rider and rock climbing wall, but it would be fine with me if RCL were to unbundle the pricing for them, so that you (and other non-users) would not have to pay for them. However, these are not consumables, so some passengers might find paying for champagne that they don't drink more objectionable than paying for a flow rider or rock climbing wall that they don't use. The logic is that the latter are capital expenditures needed to attract more passengers in order to achieve economies of scale and keep prices low for everyone.

I do use the flow rider and rock climbing wall, but it would be fine with me if RCL were to unbundle the pricing for them, so that you (and other non-users) would not have to pay for them. However, these are not consumables, so some passengers might find paying for champagne that they don't drink more objectionable than paying for a flow rider or rock climbing wall that they don't use. The logic is that the latter are capital expenditures needed to attract more passengers in order to achieve economies of scale and keep prices low for everyone.

Ok, the principle behind what your saying above is not how I personally approach or experience a cruise but thats fine. We are all different :)

Did they ever serve Champagne for the Captain´s Reception? Sparkling wine but Champagne (o.k. in the US you can call anything bubbly "Champagne" here in Europe it has to be from the Champagne area).

On the Harmony there was no Welcome Back Reception for C&A members. Just the former Top Tier Event (Platinum and above). And that one was oddly timed... 6:30 til 7:15 pm Solarium Bar - hmm, sorry, but that was my dinner seating!

steamboats