Wine Package question

Need some help with my memory. When we were on Epic a couple years ago and ordered the wine package, i believe all of the bottles were sent to our room that first night? Is that still the case? I think on RCL they would get them for you when you were at the restaurants but i may be getting the two mixed up.

thx

Need some help with my memory. When we were on Epic a couple years ago and ordered the wine package, i believe all of the bottles were sent to our room that first night? Is that still the case? I think on RCL they would get them for you when you were at the restaurants but i may be getting the two mixed up.

thx

We always buy the wine package on NCL. We have always received tickets with the wines that we chose. When you want the bottle of wine, you turn in a ticket.

You can ask for all the wine early in the cruise, but then you have to find a place to store it, then carry it with you to the restaurant, etc.

We always buy the wine package on NCL. We have always received tickets with the wines that we chose. When you want the bottle of wine, you turn in a ticket.

You can ask for all the wine early in the cruise, but then you have to find a place to store it, then carry it with you to the restaurant, etc.

This is the way it worked for us and you can turn them in at any bar to receive your bottle also (if you want to enjoy one on your balcony or while watching a show for example).

Is there a place on NCL's website to see exactly what wine is available through the package? I don't think it's in the gift section. I'm tempted to buy the package but only if it has wine that I'll like! :D

Can it be ordered prior to embarkation?

Thanks all!

Is there a place on NCL's website to see exactly what wine is available through the package? I don't think it's in the gift section. I'm tempted to buy the package but only if it has wine that I'll like! :D

Can it be ordered prior to embarkation?

Thanks all!

Last I heard it was only available on the ship. There's usually a desk right inside the atrium.

thanks for the responses, but i saw two answers to my question. One they give you coupons to get the wine at any bar or restaurant and another said they deliver it to the cabin. Does anyone know which one it is or possibly both are options?

thanks

First package bought on first day if cruise they delivered to our stateroom.

Next package we bought later in the cruise (winos on vaca) we were given Viva Vino slips for each bottle, which we then presented at whatever venue we were at (bar or restaurant).

They make it very easy to drink on your cruise!!!!

Have fun!!

Only available on the ship. I bought it at the Atrium Bar on deck 6 mid ship.

[ATTACH]354319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]354320[/ATTACH]

Hope they are readable. I'm on my iPhone.

Thanks so much all for your answers! I couldn't quite read the wine lists, but as I can't buy it beforehand anyway, I'll just wait til I'm there (this Sunday!) :)

First package bought on first day if cruise they delivered to our stateroom.

Next package we bought later in the cruise (winos on vaca) we were given Viva Vino slips for each bottle, which we then presented at whatever venue we were at (bar or restaurant).

They make it very easy to drink on your cruise!!!!

Have fun!!

That might explain some of my confusion because i think we did order a second package during the cruise so the first may have been delivered to our room where the second we may have gotten coupons. Thanks for the info.

@ 20165 and tymike...

You're welcome and I wish you all safe sailing with cold glasses of wine in your hands!

Megacruiser's review has a much better view of the Viva Vino's wine selection about halfway through.

Here's the link. Enjoy!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2171334

thanks. heading to Miami tomorrow and getting on the 'boat' saturday. Just some last minute questions. Im sure there will be plenty to drink...

thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
Is the 4 bottle package still available?? Thought I read that is was 6 and 8 bottle packages only on a 7-night cruise?

Thanks!!

To the best of my knowledge the 4 bottle package is still available, I have read nothing to the contrary.

You never HAVE to have it delivered to your room. You can chose either. We've never had it in the room, much more convenient to have it anywhere on the ship. If you decide you want a bottle for your room, you can pick one up anywhere on the ship. Same with a partially consumed bottle, they will keep it for you or you can take it with you.

I have bought the package on pretty well every cruise I've taken and always been given the slips.

However, on one cruise on the Epic (last year I think), they were really insistent that they delivered the bottles to my room. Before they relented they made it really clear that if I lost the slips then it was my responsibility. I could only assume it was because a lot of people had lost them and tried to get them replaced.

That could explain why some people have reported having them delivered to their rooms.