Taxi or native driver to Punta Sur park in Cozumel

beshears

We plan to be in Cozumel within a few weeks. I had contacted a tour guide, and I know they would do a good job, with the cost for us being fine. My problem is they only use Pal Pal, and I don't do that. I use CASH or my credit card.

We are not wanting to take a tour of the island, but just be taken to Punta Sur Park (lighthouse), and back to the ship. If you have not used a tour guide, and took a Taxi or native to take you to where you wanted to go in Cozumel, did you have any problems?

We plan to be in Cozumel within a few weeks. I had contacted a tour guide, and I know they would do a good job, with the cost for us being fine. My problem is they only use Pal Pal, and I don't do that. I use CASH or my credit card.

We are not wanting to take a tour of the island, but just be taken to Punta Sur Park (lighthouse), and back to the ship. If you have not used a tour guide, and took a Taxi or native to take you to where you wanted to go in Cozumel, did you have any problems?

No personal experience but prices listed on board by pier. Just determine price for number of hours and pay on return. You will need return price to Punta Sur plus waiting.

I don’t believe you need to be registered with PayPal to use it, you can use your Credit card for deposit and cash for balance, I don’t know if that helps.

The cab fare board for each pier lists most of the popular tourist spots and their applicable fares -- I don't recall Punta Sur being listed, but I was also never looking for it so it might be there. The fare board will also list an hourly rate if you want to hire a cab for a guided tour to various spots. If you have any questions there should be an expediter working the cab line who usually speaks reasonable English.

Good luck! :D

beshears,

Here's a link to Puerta Maya taxi fares. Since taxi fare's are zoned, it'd be the same from the International pier. These are in pesos and per taxi, based on number of passengers. One Mexican peso is currently around 5 US cents

http://www.puertamaya.com/port-information/taxi-rates.aspx

Punta Sur isn't listed here, might be on the main board at the taxi stands. But good estimate would be to split the difference between Palancar and Chen Rio.

FYI, the current official exchange rate is about 18.75 pesos - 1 US dollar You should get close to that at any money exchange you use, minus the fees they charge, but EVERYWHERE we've been on Cozumel has been happy to take US dollars. Except for public bus rides in Cancun a while back we've never needed to change dollars to pesos. As mentioned above, the taxi fares posted near the cab line for your pier will quote the fares in dollars.

Thank you for your replies about pesos compared to American money.

You may or may not know this answer, and if you do not, maybe someone else will know. If we take the shuttle, do they ONLY take dollar bills, or can it be change, or do they give change back? I know some places here in the USA, if you ride the bus, you have to have the right amount, as they do not carry change for passengers.

Thank you for your replies about pesos compared to American money.

You may or may not know this answer, and if you do not, maybe someone else will know. If we take the shuttle, do they ONLY take dollar bills, or can it be change, or do they give change back? I know some places here in the USA, if you ride the bus, you have to have the right amount, as they do not carry change for passengers.

Change can be made but it may be in pesos. Just take smaller bills