Watch for price change or go ahead and book?

LeftatGator

We're planning a southbound alaska trip for Sept 2019. On previous cruises I took my time and the price would drop, then I would book.

Is this something that still happens, or should I go ahead and book, see if the price drops and then try to negotiate based on the price drop?

Thanks!

Jim

Pick your cabin, book with making sure you have a 'refundable deposit'

then follow the price drops...and "re-fare" if you see one that is advantageous to you

but, know if you "re-fare or re-book" under a different promotion - you lose the Princess perks ( specialty dining, PBP, OBC, whatever ) from the old booking and get the new perks from the new booking...

if just re-faring under the same promotion with a price drop...it should be as simple as a phone call...no negotiation needed...:cool:

We're planning a southbound alaska trip for Sept 2019. On previous cruises I took my time and the price would drop, then I would book.

Is this something that still happens, or should I go ahead and book, see if the price drops and then try to negotiate based on the price drop?

Thanks!

Jim

Book it and look for price drops.

Thanks!

Jim

My experience is book early and set a price alert. When fare drops reach out to Princess. One poster noted that when you "re fare" you lose any promotions from the original booking. If you booked future cruise while on board ($200 cash and that serves as your deposit as well as $100 OBC), that promotion is transferable to the re fare.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app